DS-2TD2637B-10/p - Unknown camera?

cpsp4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently obtained a hikvision NVR system and a separate camera; the seperate camera came new in the box and is as far as I can tell, never activated.
The NVR system is bought second hand.

I tried to look up some things about the DS-2TD2637B-10/p but I don't seem to find any information.
Alternatively, I tried hooking it up through a Hikvision switch to my computer, but SADP doesn't recognize it.
Pushsing the reset button doesn't make it show on SADP.

Hoping anyone can advise me on the next steps
Many thanks!

EDIT: I hooked the camera to the 2nd hand NVR and it does show image. I hooked my computer to the NVR and now it shows on SADP as activated. Is this normal?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to look up some things about the DS-2TD2637B-10/p but I don't seem to find any information.
Some product info here :

EDIT: I hooked the camera to the 2nd hand NVR and it does show image. I hooked my computer to the NVR and now it shows on SADP as activated. Is this normal?
Yes, when the NVR finds an 'Inactive' Hikvision device, it will automatically Activate it and connect to it when the NVR PoE ports is in the default Plug&Play mode.

Alternatively, I tried hooking it up through a Hikvision switch to my computer, but SADP doesn't recognize it.
Is this a PoE switch?

cpsp4

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback:

- is the DS-2TD2637B-10/p (with the B) the same as without the B?

- I first connected it through the Hikvision PoE switch and the camera did appear to turn on (some clicking sounds were observed) but it didn’t show up on SADP.
Consequently, I tried to connect it to the NVR directly.

I saw a post of you somewhere on the forum that an “orphan camera” would adopt the settings from the NVR once connected. I believe it was a post related to someone having a Kepler-7604NI-K1/4P and wanted to reset the admin password.
Hence, thanks for the hint :)