DS-7204HQHI-SH with other brand ip cams

smilybri

n3wb
Reaction score
hi i have a DS-7204HQHI-SH dvr, so far i have used a hikvision 1080p analogue and another brand 1080p analogue camera both via cat5 and baluns with the dvr and both work very well i have no real problems with the set up however i am looking to add a couple of ip cams to the system, at the moment i have a foscam 960p ip cam that works well via ethernet but i cant get it to be seen via the dvr when i go to add an ip cam in the dvr it cant detect it now i dont really expect a foscam ip cam to work with this dvr but the only protocol available through the dvr setup when trying to add an ip cam manually is listed as hikvision does anyone have any hands on experience of adding other brand ip cams to this dvr as the advertising says it works with other brands but the manual only lists a few makes and models and they are all pretty expensive
cheers in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi i have a DS-7204HQHI-SH dvr, so far i have used a hikvision 1080p analogue and another brand 1080p analogue camera both via cat5 and baluns with the dvr and both work very well i have no real problems with the set up however i am looking to add a couple of ip cams to the system, at the moment i have a foscam 960p ip cam that works well via ethernet but i cant get it to be seen via the dvr when i go to add an ip cam in the dvr it cant detect it now i dont really expect a foscam ip cam to work with this dvr but the only protocol available through the dvr setup when trying to add an ip cam manually is listed as hikvision does anyone have any hands on experience of adding other brand ip cams to this dvr as the advertising says it works with other brands but the manual only lists a few makes and models and they are all pretty expensive
cheers in advance
is there an option to select onvif?

smilybri

n3wb
Reaction score
not in the add ip camera part unless i am missing something? there is detect and manual add cant see anything for onvif