DS-7604NI-SE/P NVR has ? mark showing error

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
I connected a Hikvision camera DS-2CD2T85FWD-I8 to my NVR and instead of a connection symbol, it showed a ? mark which indicated there was an error. I can see the picture and can set up the camera for 3840 x 2160 resolution on the browser using the 65000 port but then when I look at the browser settings which shows my 3 cameras, I see the 8 mp camera is only recording at 640 x 480 and I can't select anything higher. My other 2 Hikvision 3 mp cameras can be selected to record at 1920 x 1080. Has anyone ever seen a connection error ? on the tv screen which is showing me the Hikvision program? I've done a software reboot back to the factory default using the browser but it still shows the error on the tv screen and low 640 x 480 resolution.

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
That's an old model NVR and a new hi-res camera.
There will be a compatibility problem I'd guess.
My son helped me on this and we brought the 8mp camera down in resolution, brought the two 3mp cameras down also and reduced the frame rates on all of them. Then we slowly increased the rates on all 3 cameras up to a maximum of 1920 x 1080. The ? mark error then was gone on the tv setup screen. I've been playing around with the bitrates and frame rates since. It's working but there are a few abnormalities which I'm wondering is because of the firmware I have. I got the latest update 6 months ago from Hikvision USA for this NVR bought from a Hikvision dealer. The firmware is listed like this: DS-76xxNI-SE(P)_USA_Firmware_V2.3.12_160622(support_4MP).zip
I think this is the latest upgrade and I noticed that it is for a 4mp camera. If anyone has a latest U.S. firmware version please let me know. Thanks Alstair for the input.