DS-7608NI booting but no display or network activity

bubsy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back in 2014 my parents had DS-7608NI-SE/P installed and was working great, however about a year ago it stopped working. I've recently tried to take a look at it and see what the issue is, but am a bit stumped.

The NVR boots up, with the HDD spinning and lights looking good. There is no output on either VGA or HDMI (tried different monitors and cables) and there is no power to a USB mouse in either the front or back USB port. Taking the top off there is a solid red light above the left SATA port. The front 'Power' LED is yellow, and pressing the 'Shift' button turns the 'Status' on/off with a red LED.

Tried to plug it directly into the router but the router doesn't see it (not listed under devices).

Is this NVR dead or just bricked some how?

bubsy123

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR's PSU is inside the unit, power is sent by a standard 3 prong kettle lead. I've tried 2 different ones and no difference. I'll have a look later if I have cables with different amperages and let you know if there's any difference.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the HDD, and powering up the NVR.

As they all share one power supply HDD faults can knock out the rest of the NVR.

bubsy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the HDD, and powering up the NVR.

As they all share one power supply HDD faults can knock out the rest of the NVR.
No change, unfortunately. However I can now see the Tx/Rx light flash a little when turning the power on, I'm not sure if it did this before.

I should say that a USB mouse doesn't get power from either the front or back USB ports