DS-7608NI-E2/8P - Any way to exclude 1 camera from HDMI output?

KB7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a weird situation I am trying to work out. There is a 50" screen mounted in a public area displaying the video from HDMI out on the NVR, mainly as a theft deterrent. The problem I have is that 1 of the cameras on the system is a private office which we don't want to show to the general public coming into the store. It seems there is no way to exclude 1 camera from the hdmi video output while it still records and is available normally over the network? Privacy mask feature won't work because I would still like the area to be recorded. Is there no option other than to move the camera to a different, acceptable location?

My view is a 3x3, so I was thinking if I could make it the 10th camera in order, by inserting a non-functional "dummy" camera in front, I could push it to the next 3x3 page view of cams so it wouldnt be visible. Only problem with that is this a 8-camera system so I cannot add 2 more cams!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems there is no way to exclude 1 camera from the hdmi video output while it still records and is available normally over the network?
Crude, and not guaranteed to work as it depends on the NVR firmware - change the substream of the unwanted camera to MJPEG.
This should give you an 'unsupported stream type' on the HDMI output (assuming that camera is set for substream in multi-view) but still work multi-screen on the web GUI Live View and not affect recording.