DS-7608NI-E2/8P vs HiWatch IP NVR-208M-A/8P

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi unbelievably there seems to more Hikvision products to choose from! The pace of change with Hikvision is relentless.

I am looking at purchasing a DS-7608NI-E2/8P but I am then advised that this product has been replaced with a newer model the HiWatch IP NVR -208M-A/8p.

Are these basically the same model?

Any advise on this please?

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm Just looks like a badged version, but who knows these days :)

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was advised by a distributor that HiWatch has different firmware and the only way it will work with Hikvision cameras is through ONVIF.

I would purchase Hikvision branded 7608NI-E2 over the HiWatch product range as it sounds like your limited to HiWatch only branded hardware.

Going of what I was told have not tested for myself.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was advised by a distributor that HiWatch has different firmware and the only way it will work with Hikvision cameras is through ONVIF.

I would purchase Hikvision branded 7608NI-E2 over the HiWatch product range as it sounds like your limited to HiWatch only branded hardware.

Ok cheers. Already though the 7608 seems difficult to find.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
RBW I would try and purchase the 7608NI-I2 model as it supports up to 12mp and in my experience its more solid than the E2. I find sometimes I have to change a few image settings on the cameras to get the live view working via the app with the E2 model. And if you are going to spend the money you may as well get the I2 to future proof.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
RBW I would try and purchase the 7608NI-I2 model as it supports up to 12mp and in my experience its more solid than the E2. I find sometimes I have to change a few image settings on the cameras to get the live view working via the app with the E2 model. And if you are going to spend the money you may as well get the I2 to future proof.
But where do you draw the line. There is always another model a few £ more to tempt you.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's true but I have the 8MP turret and its pretty awesome so if I were you I'd get the I2.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's true but I have the 8MP turret and its pretty awesome so if I were you I'd get the I2.
Cannot afford the 8Mp :(

Is the 8Mp as good as the 2Mp when it's dark?

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cannot afford the 8Mp :(

Is the 8Mp as good as the 2Mp when it's dark?
What do you need 8mp for?

Larger sensors with larger pixels will outperform larger sensors with smaller pixels.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Total rubbish, Hiwatch cameras work with hikvision NVR and the other way round too.