DS-7616NI-SE/P NVR - LiveFeed from NVR no longer working after firmware update

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a newbie but technically inclined and hoping to get some suggestions. I cracked opened my NVR today, plugged in a Hikvision camera 2CD2132 (firmware version 5.2), and got a LiveView feed from said camera (within the NVR). Being a new NVR, I looked for the latest NVR firmware to update and found the USA firmware on Hikvision.com (I think this was my first mistake). I bought the NVR from eBay but it did display with English when I first got into the web GUI but I forgot to check the firmware version before updating. If I log into the camera itself, I am able to see the live feed. If I try to view it through the NVR GUI, I do not see the live feed after the firmware update.

I'm running:

* Firmware version: V2 3.10 build 141128
* Encoding version: V1.0 build 140701

Camera is plugged into the NVR through one of the PoE ports.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Some questions to maybe help pin down this problem:
Are you using the NVR web interface or the video interface to see LiveView, and do you get the same results from both?
Can you see / change the camera settings OK via either the web interface or video interface? Do the settings pages give a thumbnail of the camera image?
If you are accessing the NVR web interface via a browser - do you get the same results (no LiveView) from another machine?
Have you tried de-installing the Webcomponents plugin and re-installing / enabling it in the browser?
If the camera is plugged in to a POE port - how are you seeing LiveView directly on the camera?
What useful info if any shows in the NVR logs?

Reaction score
from us hikvision site if you i can send you on e-mail or skype 2.3.9 an 10 doesn't work with mine cameras :(

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is there any resolve of this problem
Yes, don't update the firmware, especially to the wrong version.

I doubt you have exactly the same firmware and hardware. What issue are you having? What NVR? What firmware? Which cameras? Which firmware?

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
is there any resolve of this problem
As I mentioned in the other thread, I had to downgrade to 2.3.8 to get the cameras viewable from the NVR GUI.

I did not pursue the case with Hikvision but you should call them to see if they will fix their software.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The issue with the 7616 and 7608 ni-se/p are being caused by hik's failed attempts at regional integrity check, they are now trying to up their game, trying to block US using Euro firmware and Chinese using anything other than Chinese there are ways around this, but it's now failing when even the correct firmware is used.
So upgrade carefully or not at all.