DS-7732NI-E4/16P 32CH Network NVR

oluwaseun

n3wb
Reaction score
hey guys,

I'm hoping you can help me out with this one. It's driving me nuts.

I just recently installed a DS-7732NI-E4/16P 32CH Network NVR at a customer location and I have the following setup:

12 Hikvision ip cameras connected to the on board POE POrt of the NVR and works Just fine.

6 Hikvision ip cameras connected to one of the on board POE POrt of the NVR Via a POE network Switch .

I run SADP tool and can see the IP cameras but i need to know how to get cameras to work

Note:
1) I have used The manual Option to connect some of the cameras connected to the NVR directly.
2) The NVR shows me only 16 Cameras ON cAMERA SETTINGS, but software displays 32 cameras

How do i get the NVR to support 20 ip CAMERAS

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How do i get the NVR to support 20 ip CAMERAS
You have 16 cameras working on the PoE ports already - so that block is full.
The remaining cameras need to be on the LAN addresses and added manually with their LAN IP addresses.
The easiest way would be to connect the PoE network switch with the 6 cameras to the LAN and reconfigure the camera IP addresses that are connected to it.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
6 Hikvision ip cameras connected to one of the on board POE POrt of the NVR Via a POE network Switch .
That won't work at all... You should only connect one camera on each POE port. If you use another switch to go up to the 32 cameras, you connect it to the lan port.

oluwaseun

n3wb
Reaction score
When i check on the camera configuration page i notice that the Cameras i added manuallyturn up as IP camera on the camera config page.

The NVR shows me 16 cameras with 10 as IP cameras and 6 as plug and Play.

How do i add additional IP cameras Via the LAN . I have a gigabit TP link router connectedto the POE switch

NVR MODEL: DS-7732NI-E4/16P 32CH Network NVR

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
won't work at all... You should only connect one camera on each POE port. If you use another switch to go up to the 32 cameras, you connect it to the lan port.
That does actually work, strangely enough. But it would be a non-standard arrangement with some undesirable side effects in terms of how the camera traffic flows.

How do i add additional IP cameras Via the LAN . I have a gigabit TP link router connectedto the POE switch
First of all the cameras need to be connected to the LAN by connecting them to ports on the PoE switch, and have IP addresses in the LAN address range. SADP will conveniently do this.
Then the cameras can be Added in NVR camera configuration, in manual mode so that you can set the IP address to match each camera.