DS-7832N-E2 sudden issue

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had my nvr up and running for a few months now and everything has been brilliant

From the get go it's been running 2 3mp 2032's a 1.3mp huisun speed dome and a 2mp huisun mini ptz bullet.

Everything has been great until 2 days ago the nvr has started to freeze and stutter from the live view. I have the screen as 2x2 and have always run the image quality setting at real time.

There's nothing changed on the network at all and the actual web interfaces for each camera shows live view perfectly fine.

All 4 cams are running at full resolution at 15fps within the web gui settings.

The nvr should have enough to run these cams quite comfortable and it has been since October/November

Any input welcome

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot
Hope it's not the bloody drive as it's a wd purple and wasn't cheap!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That could be debatable as it was purchased through eBay
It was from a company and sold as new though so wouldn't know where to start with a warranty claim

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you dont need warranty support from the seller. http://support.wdc.com/Warranty/warrantyStatus.aspx
I am assuming you have already rebooted the NVR and router..
Yes I've rebooted everything. As obvious as it is I forgot the router/network in the first instance!! Made no difference anyhow.

Haven't checked the actual power supply but will check in case.
Although I'd have thought a faulty supply would cause some form of shutdowns/reboots

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It may be worth checking out the HDD SMART data also - in the web GUI on 3.3.4 and later.
I'll have a look

I fully rebooted my whole network in the early hours including all switches and reset my router

Which it seems to have sorted the issue at least for now.

Not frozen at all today since.

Hopefully that was all but if it is the hard drive then it is definitely covered by the 3 year warranty from western digital.

I made sure to check with the company I purchased from through eBay

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As @fenderman says - the definitive way to check is to pop the HDD serial number into the WDC warranty page.
Agree and that's what I intend to do as soon as I have enough time to get the nvr out of its hiding place haha.

In hindsight I should have checked to be sure before I installed it really

Last edited by a moderator: