DS-KB6003-WIP / DB-120A-IW web login

mattbrain

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

Newbie here - but long time messer with IP Cams in general.

Recently bought a DB-120A-IW (which I believe is the same as a DS-KB6003-WIP) and have got it set up in a test rig prior to installing it.

I configured it using the HIk-Connect app and upgraded it to V1.4.62 build 171218 so that I could access the web portal and have it stream video to a Synology NAS as well as a RPi which is being used to display all the cameras in the hallway.

I'm unable to connect to the web interface on the camera as I don't know the password and it isn't clear to me what it should be. I have tried various combinations of username and passwords (for usernames, admin, hi-connect username and hik-connect email address, for password 12345, admin, hik-connect password and even generated a verification code in the online interface). I'm a bit stuck so hoping someone can throw some light onto this.

Thanks,

Matt

mattbrain

n3wb
Reaction score
Managed to get it sorted: basically, i had configured it from scratch using the HIK-Connect App and had never been given the opportunity to set a password. If you change the approach, factory reset the device and generate a barcode with WiFi settings then login to the portal you get chance to set a password - you can then finish the connection with the App and still login via the web interface.

zpb

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought one and I am trying to stream the live video stream to a my own app and I was wondering if you had managed it ?. If you had what was the url you used to access it.

mattbrain

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought one and I am trying to stream the live video stream to a my own app and I was wondering if you had managed it ?. If you had what was the url you used to access it.
So long as you have been able to log into the main web interface as above, the following URL format will give you the main and sub stream respectively:

rtsp://Username: Password@x.x.x.x:554/h264/ch01/main/av_stream
rtsp://Username: Password@x.x.x.x:554/h264/ch01/sub/av_stream

[no space between username : password - but whenever i tried to do it i got this :p and couldn't stop it doing it...]

ipAndy

n3wb
Reaction score
Managed to get it sorted: basically, i had configured it from scratch using the HIK-Connect App and had never been given the opportunity to set a password. If you change the approach, factory reset the device and generate a barcode with WiFi settings then login to the portal you get chance to set a password - you can then finish the connection with the App and still login via the web interface.
You're a better man than I Matt, I've been fuming with rage trying to set a password, tried everything and never get the opportunity to enter one, it's driving me nuts! If you can spare a few minutes expanding the details of your procedure after factory resetting the device I would be extremely grateful. I presume by "portal" you mean the Hikvision Hik-connect website / my account with Hik-connect?

ipAndy

n3wb
Reaction score
You're a better man than I Matt, I've been fuming with rage trying to set a password, tried everything and never get the opportunity to enter one, it's driving me nuts! If you can spare a few minutes expanding the details of your procedure after factory resetting the device I would be extremely grateful. I presume by "portal" you mean the Hikvision Hik-connect website / my account with Hik-connect?
Matt, carried on trying after writing the above and after a reset AND power down managed to enter a password !!! BUT, what is the user-id that it's stored against ? Tried admin when VLC got a stream connection but no joy, and then tried user-ids of blank, serial number, verification code, hik-connect user-id, none worked. Now VLC cannot even find the bloomin' doorbell even though I can ping it and get a response. Any tips would be very gratefully received.

mattbrain

n3wb
Reaction score
Matt, carried on trying after writing the above and after a reset AND power down managed to enter a password !!! BUT, what is the user-id that it's stored against ? Tried admin when VLC got a stream connection but no joy, and then tried user-ids of blank, serial number, verification code, hik-connect user-id, none worked. Now VLC cannot even find the bloomin' doorbell even though I can ping it and get a response. Any tips would be very gratefully received.
The username is admin and for VNC streaming the format is as per my previous post. I do know that these doorbell's are a bit temperamental and there is every chance you have different behaviour from a slightly different version of the firmware. For reference I am running V1.4.62 build 171218.

ipAndy

n3wb
Reaction score
The username is admin and for VNC streaming the format is as per my previous post. I do know that these doorbell's are a bit temperamental and there is every chance you have different behaviour from a slightly different version of the firmware. For reference I am running V1.4.62 build 171218.
Many thanks Matt. I will let you know if I get anywhere with it. Kind regards, ipAndy.