DS-KD8003 not accepting username and password

GibonArt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been fighting whole day today with my DS-KD8003-IME1/EU version. It has stopped working some day or days ago. I went to LIVE VIEW on my indoor station screen and got Username/Password message and no live view. I went to iVMS and opened Remote config. I planned to upgrade FW that has been released lately for EU so I did. It upgraded so I went to RESTORE DEFAULT option with keeping IP and User info.
Device rebooted and started showing as offline. Now I cannot get back to it.

Steps I took:
1. contacted the local support team and sent them XML to have pwd reset. They sent file back but it did not work and SADP said: Password Reset Failed. Device Denied.
2. had a conversation with a technicians from the support team and we tried reset.xml multiple times and within multiple tools (SADP, iVMS, Batch config.) NOTHING HAS WORKED
3. I tried the TFTP and it did not work either. I only upgraded/downgraded to whatever firmware I used (digicap.dav) but it never "DE"activated the security. Device still shows under old IP and says it is active.

This is driving me crazy really as a stupid HARD RESET button could do all the f*king trick.

I went and also tried to re-establish connection between indoor station and door station. Used the Guided UI way and I could pair them. I can receive calls from door station to indoor, can respond, can open lock and can even receive hik-connect notification and live view the door.

But I cannot get into my device whatsoever. I suspect the latest FW that was there (from uk portal) could have some glitch (but was working for 2 weeks like a charm). I have my port 80 open for my Synology Lets Encrypt to work flawlessly and KD8003 was "unfortunately" kept on HTTP 80 as well. So I suspect someone might have managed to f*ck it up remotely. Because I also have a public IP as I am running several services on my NAS.

Can anyone help or suggest? Otherwise, as no obvious user error happened, I am goint to bring the device back to the distributor and ask for warranty repair/replacement.

Funny enough, I am also an official HIKVISION Czech Republic installer and have several customers for which I have managed to reset passwords multiple times. But this has made me look dumb and I dont know what I can do atm.
View attachment IMG_3122.MOV

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the reason I installed HikVision devices only once. My customer lost it's password and this took me weeks to get it up again.
I'd rather work with Dahua stuff.

chrisyno

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem ! I am still waiting for a response from hikvision with the xml file. How long did you get a response?

GibonArt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, no not yet. It's been in a service for a week now directly at Hikvision Czech Republic. But my distribution partner has also received same unit with identical issue. I suspect the fw is to blame and that there must have been some "hacker" attack or something. Let's see what they say

chrisyno

n3wb
Reaction score
hello,
you still have not had the answer to reset the password with sadp after 1 week?

GibonArt

n3wb
Reaction score
Password reset is not gonna work. We did that three times with local hikvision support. The unit itself has been accepted by hikvision service center and is being checked physically

chrisyno

n3wb
Reaction score
Password reset is not gonna work. We did that three times with local hikvision support. The unit itself has been accepted by hikvision service center and is being checked physically
Thx ,
hope you will find a solution quickly. I am still waiting for an answer to reset the bell. I hope I sent the xml file to the right place

GibonArt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I got the device back from the service center. They claimed to have successfully reset the password and that unit works fine.
But I connected it at home, used the provided password and got INCORRECT PASSWORD message.
So I asked to reset it for me hoping it would work this time. But NO.
BatchConfig, iVMS-4200, SADP Tool - Password reset failed. Device Denied.

Same story.

As I am the registered installer for Czech Republic I got permission to visit the center personally tomorrow (an hour drive from my house) and we will try to get it working. I am taking my poe switch (but dont think this one causes issue as I tried hikvision unmanaged one also) and my computer and lets see. If it works there, It has to work anywhere. I will definitelly let you guys know.

BTW, little commercial but would appreciate any followers on Levne-ipkamery.cz (@mpvision_cz) • Instagram photos and videos

marcosmac

n3wb
Reaction score
I have same issue with my ds-kd8003-ime1, it's just bricked, I´m in México, Hikvision still has no response

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also having very frustrating problem with the latest FW downloaded from UK portal. At first after upgrade nothing seemed to work with my KD8003-IME1 so I went back to previous FW. Downgrading seemed to work until the device rebooted itself. Rebooting never finished under iVMS4200 (latest version) so I closed iVMS and after that KD8003 was locked. I sent the password reset file to Hikvision and I got the xml file during same day. PW reset worked but now the cards are not working. I tried to import old config files but still none of the cards are working. Old PIN code is working fine. I have been trying to add the cards again and reading of the card starts under iVMS4200 but the card number doesn't show up so the card is not added. Thinking of going back to previous FW even though I may need to reset the PW again. VERY ANNOYING.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm facing the same issue.
For some reason, I can still see the video feed in Hik-Connect and on the indoor station, and unlock the gate. But I can't connect to the KD8003 in iVMS, can't reset the password, can't update the firmware.
I have no luck downgrading the firmware through tftp. I can see that on restarting the kd8003, it briefly uses IP address 192.0.0.64, and according to a tcp dump, it seems to ask for 192.0.0.128, but it doesn't connect to the tftpd.
No response from Hikvision on the XML I sent them for password reset.

Any other suggestions from anyone?