DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) as 24x7 monitor

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was looking to use the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) as an always on monitor for HikVision IP cameras. Have few queries before I dive in:

1. Can the screen be setup to remain always on ?
2. Or, can motion on IP cam triger the screen on ?
3. Can we see more than 4 cameras in a grid ?

I'm aware that the tablet has hik-connect built in. and can also add cameras on the network directly.

Thx!

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed one of these as well as 2 x DS-KH6320-WTE1 with a DS-KD8003-IME1.

1: I was hoping to use it for a monitor, maybe not 24/7 but the majority of the time. I have found that you can only add cloud service and it only shows my NVR via hik connect cloud and not the direct IP I have set up. I have been unable to directly add the NVR or cameras via their direct IP address so the max I can get is the 5 minutes.

2: I was also hoping to get this to work as you have asked but so far haven't been able to get it to work. I thought the Full screen would work but no. It does trigger an event and shows the notification like in hik connect, but not a full screen live view....

3: I don't think you would want to, I found having the 4 cameras way to sluggish. I will try and play around with it more and maybe just use a channel zero with 9 channels to see how that goes.

Hoping someone knows a work around for this.

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
There are some instructions here to add the cam using IP address.

But I guess when you add it with the IP, you can only see one cam at a time, and I'm not sure if you can keep the screen on always. Maybe check in settings if there is any thing to keep the screen on.

I was also hoping to install tinycam on this and see if that works with screen always on. Tinycam has a setting to keep the screen on even if the android device doesn't.

Let me know this goes.

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
There are some instructions here to add the cam using IP address.

But I guess when you add it with the IP, you can only see one cam at a time, and I'm not sure if you can keep the screen on always. Maybe check in settings if there is any thing to keep the screen on.

I was also hoping to install tinycam on this and see if that works with screen always on. Tinycam has a setting to keep the screen on even if the android device doesn't.

Let me know this goes.
That only allows it to be viewed for a maximum of 60 seconds.

Didn't even think about a 3rd party app. Tiny cam might be the go.

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm already using tinycam with android tablets, but that keeping them always on bulges their batteries. I was hoping for a more plug in & forget kind of a solution sitting on the desk.

If you need any help with tinycam let me know.

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to add channel zero as an IP Camera for one of the 4 live view settings ?

Within ivms you can't use 001 or 0 as the channel number like a rtsp stream being .....Streaming/channels/001

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

i also have the B series, 10"
its possible to to have the display always on, just enabled boot android mode, then you go to the settings of android itself, and adjust the screen settings there

i'm struggling to add IP cameras to it... it seems the B series allows adding 2 type of cameras (hikvision and onvif)
i dont have other hikvision cameras, but i do have some foscams, wih onvif sypport, but dont get the live stream working

oh and btw guys, did you also have issues with the network? as soon i plug in the 9510 , it seems like the device is broadcasting something to the network, and i dont know what really happens, but i get the feeling that the network is hanging up
a newer firmware helped a bit, now its more of less stable

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
@NoFate Thanks for the tip on how to keep the screen always on.

Still need to know if I can keep minimum 4 cams displayed on the screen 24x7 on ?

This can be native to the Hikvision modified Android, or maybe using tinycam. I wud still prefer native approach for customer installs.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No idea, I'm still in contact with hikvision, seems there are issues when adding onvif devices as camera....
What type of cameras have you added? Onvif? Or hikvision cameras?

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not have any of their monitors yet, not have tried any. But we do have plenty of Hikvision cameras and was looking to setup a monitor but only if it can display 4 cams 24x7.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah ok, then I don't know... As soon they fixed the onvif protocol, then I can add extra cameras

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not have any of their monitors yet, not have tried any. But we do have plenty of Hikvision cameras and was looking to setup a monitor but only if it can display 4 cams 24x7.
What about a small pc monitor/TV? Then running hdmi from the nvr? I always thought of this and thinking of still doing it.

Can run channel zero on vga as well and set 4 different channels up different to hdmi

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
Nah ! Already have a monitor plugged into a NVR, it does not have WAF ! :p

Besides, I need this to setup in multiple room, on wifi, with screen < 10" and with low power consumption. As stated previously, I'm using 8" android tabs one with battery, and other without batter (DIY) and using an external DC PSU to mimic a battery. But both solutions are not long lasting, the battery would bulge over time, and the one without battery (a 3rd tablet) stopped working after 1yr or so. Never got time to took into it again. So need a permanent solution to this. I'm sure plenty of residence customers would also have a use case with this.

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Was going to say what about a rpi and 7inch screen. Did a quick search and found this.

This might be a perfect Ipc monitor as it supports anything with rtsp streams.

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I've seen that Video before. But no more DIY on this for me. Need something that's kind of least effort & elegant.

Here are couple of more options in my mind:

PoE poered Android Tablet between $200-300 (expensive and still little bit of DIY)
Dahua VTH5341G-W PoE(802.3af) Android 10-inch digital indoor monitor around $200. I think this is better model to Hikvision, but the query still remains, if we can display 4 cams 24x7.

Since I primarily focus with Hikvision, was really hoping to remain in their eco system. Who knows, maybe tomorrow we can use the monitor in event linkage methods in some way, maybe to zoom on to one of the cameras, or alarm sounds, ...

NO CARRIER

n3wb
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found a solution for this? I bought the monitor specifically to, you know, monitor my cameras and it doesn't seem to do this unless I specifically poke the screen for a live view and pick a camera. Even then it's max 60 seconds.

I don't really see the point of having the screen to be honest.

For those who are having difficulty adding your ip cameras, double check the port you are using.

+++ath0
NO CARRIER

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the only work around is to install another camera app on it with APK...

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I bought the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) , to do some experimenting with.

I was able to run tinycam monitor pro, and it kept the screen on. But the live view is not smooth, it skips 5 seconds between frames. Kind of useless.

Adding the same camera natively to the device, gives a smooth live view, but the display turns off after 60 secs.

I guess tinycam is not able to find any hardware acceleration on the device, maybe the processor itself is not up to the mark.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its indeed a slow device, maybe you can do something when enabling developer mode ? when booting in android itself