DS7608NI

rockville

n3wb
Reaction score
Just changed from a Samsung analogue to the Hikvision DS7608NI which although the image quality is way better it is throwing up a few issues that I cant resolve. The first is I have it set to continuous recording but when I review the playback jumps along the timeline, same as triggered recording, I would have thought continuous would mean I could review the recorded files without this jumping at least until they were overwritten.

Another thing is getting the line crossing to send an email with an image, I got the email but no image, that was until there was a power cut, the unit restarted itself and a couple of hours later I got a line crossing email, with an image attached. Great you might think except that the line crossing was 07.38 and the attached image was 07.07!

Are these Hikvision units any good?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The first is I have it set to continuous recording but when I review the playback jumps along the timeline, same as triggered recording, I would have thought continuous would mean I could review the recorded files without this jumping at least until they were overwritten.
Is the timeline in the web GUI a continuous blue line, or a series of red motion-detect markers?
If the latter - recording is not set to continuous.

rockville

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes its a continuous blue line, oh and the line crossing has went back to sending the email without an image, I haven't changed anything and all my firmware for cams and NVR are the latest.

rockville

n3wb
Reaction score
Line crossing is sending an image but not every time, when I do get an image it's time stamped a few minutes before the line crossing time and there's nothing on the image that would have triggered the line crossing. The time on the NVR is synced and all my Hikvision cams are plug and play. Any ideas? Thanks

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You may have cam 5 triggering recording for cam 4, figuratively speaking. Check your settings for recording and make sure that when you get a trigger on cam 5, the recorder records cam 5 and marks the timeline with a different colored period. Sometimes this happens when you copy settings from a camera's recording to other cameras.

rockville

n3wb
Reaction score
You may have cam 5 triggering recording for cam 4, figuratively speaking. Check your settings for recording and make sure that when you get a trigger on cam 5, the recorder records cam 5 and marks the timeline with a different colored period. Sometimes this happens when you copy settings from a camera's recording to other cameras.
Thanks for the reply, I checked that already, I have went in to each camera using virtual host and changed all the setting to use computer time though it should only be the NVR time that matters. I shall see what happens over the next few days.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Restore the device to the factory defaults and start again the configuration from the beginning. I have found that a lot of problems with the emails problems triggered from the events have been fixed with this method. Do not ask or look for an explanation (even if there is). Just try it.