DST time

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
2.800.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-02

Guys - it's weird that cameras I've had for 4 years (untouched with no settings changes) are now malfunctioning with showing correct time when DST changes occur. See below screenshot for my settings but on blue iris which also hasn't been updated in years, the camera shows 1 hour behind since March 10. 5 other cameras (same model, firmware) and purchased from Andy at the same time don't have this issue. So far, I did a reboot, also clicked Sync PC that only helped temporarily

Thanks

1715116518090.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
2.800.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-02

Guys - it's weird that cameras I've had for 4 years (untouched with no settings changes) are now malfunctioning with showing correct time when DST changes occur. See below screenshot for my settings but on blue iris which also hasn't been updated in years, the camera shows 1 hour behind since March 10. 5 other cameras (same model, firmware) and purchased from Andy at the same time don't have this issue. So far, I did a reboot, also clicked Sync PC that only helped temporarily

Thanks

View attachment 194176
Back in August it seems you had similar issues. At that time I asked you what was the device with the same IP as above, 10.6.6.168 and you replied it was "your firewall".

I would think that should be a NST time server name or the IP of your BI server running NetTime or similar.

Last edited:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok but not sure why that would help. NTP does not handle time zones. All time data handled by the NTP protocol is in UTC

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you give me the IP address of the NTP you use, I'll give it a shot. A few firewall rules I have to enable first but let me try

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you give me the IP address of the NTP you use, I'll give it a shot. A few firewall rules I have to enable first but let me try
0.nettime.pool.ntp.org but it's 1 of 4 in a pool used by Nettime...which I urge you to try, it works very well.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bigger problem now - the new NTP server doesn't stick. I tried hitting Save 5-10 times, did multiple reboots, just can't get it to stick and the old NTP server has stayed there. Maybe I have to do a software upgrade but know that it's best to erase all settings and set up as a new camera to do an upgrade and even with that, I could possibly brick it

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bigger problem now - the new NTP server doesn't stick. I tried hitting Save 5-10 times, did multiple reboots, just can't get it to stick and the old NTP server has stayed there. Maybe I have to do a software upgrade but know that it's best to erase all settings and set up as a new camera to do an upgrade and even with that, I could possibly brick it
Before you upgrade f/w, consider 3 factory resets as mentioned by @wittaj last year:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you give me a link to his post? I looked into his profile and various posts but can't find upgrade instructions anywhere

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far so good. I had 2 problematic cameras
  • Camera 1- upgraded to latest version and connected to the same firewall NTP server and it's pulling time correctly
  • Camera 2 - did all the steps but forgot and confirmed it but realized at the end that I forgot to upgrade LOL. I kept it as-is to see if factory reset thrice simply fixes the issue but if it doesn't, I'll repost on this thread in 6 months so we have some real data
Btw using a firewall for NTP isn't considered unreliable. I just like to take out as many dependencies as possible such as a Windows app. I do have 5 cameras (both Dahua and Amcrest) that have been pulling time correctly for years from this firewall

Thanks