DVR OR NVR (Wireless?)

DYNO1

n3wb
Reaction score
First off I would like to apologize as I am not sure if I should be looking for a DVR or NVR.

I have two Amcrest cameras that are both wireless:

1. IP3M-941
2. IP3M-943

I use your Surveillance Pro software to view video however lately I will get an
error message like DHNETSDK failed to play back etc. I also am starting to get
choppy video on playback on my PC

Would purchasing a DVR or NVR that would record to a hard drive allow me to see a much cleaner not choppy video?

If so, are there recording units that would pick up the signal from the wireless camera's I
own and record to what I assume will be a hard drive without hard wiring the camera to the recording unit

thank-you for any help or suggestions

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First off I would like to apologize as I am not sure if I should be looking for a DVR or NVR.

I have two Amcrest cameras that are both wireless:

1. IP3M-941
2. IP3M-943

I use your Surveillance Pro software to view video however lately I will get an
error message like DHNETSDK failed to play back etc. I also am starting to get
choppy video on playback on my PC

Would purchasing a DVR or NVR that would record to a hard drive allow me to see a much cleaner not choppy video?

If so, are there recording units that would pick up the signal from the wireless camera's I
own and record to what I assume will be a hard drive without hard wiring the camera to the recording unit

thank-you for any help or suggestions

those are ip cameras and you would need an NVR or a pc based nvr like blue iris or milestone.
the choppiness could be related to the use of wifi which is not a good idea....
even with wifi, the cameras do not connect to the NVR, but rather to your wifi router or access point.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To add to what @fenderman said above, both of those cameras can be operated wired instead of wirelessly to help eliminate the choppiness of the video.