DVR that does Motion Sensing after the Fact.

Reaction score
Just had a demo for a Dvr that can do Motion Sensing on multiple cameras after the fact. In other words. Lets say that you have a pair of sunglasses on the counter at your store and someone stole them and you noticed it the next morning when you arrived at the store that someone stole the sunglasses. You can then place a motion sensor box where the sunglasses were located and the Dvr will search that area for motion during that time. I have heard of setting up motion sensing as alarms in settings and then looking for alarms, but I have never heard of doing it after the fact. The coolest thing was that once you drew or inserted the area that you wanted to search for, the dvr would automatically search on that camera view one scene after the other without you having to do anything. All you had to do was hit the pause button whenever you wanted to view the screen.
Can Blue Iris do this or any other DVRS that you know of. It was amazing. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Rick

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris cannot do this...more expensive vms packages like avigilon can.....this is more useful for a store/commercial settings where they perform lots of searches..otherwise, its really easy to find the time an object when missing by simply scrubbing the timeline...it may take a few more seconds but its not critical when you only have to do this on occasion vs 20 times a day.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR can do this with SmartSearch in SmartPSS.. and its the most basic/cheap model.

but as fenderman suggests, its very rarely used so its not that killer of a feature for residential use, but it could be for those whom review footage alot more than I do.