dvr turbo bricked

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello to everyone, unfortunately I did a damage. I bought a turbo 4 dvr 7208 Huhi k1 yesterday I downloaded two updates from hikvision site being careful but after the last update, the DVR can no longer enter the menu, I can not put admin as a user but I can only put the password can you help me? I tried with tftp but it does not do anything like I can do? damn me and those damn updates

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the DVR can no longer enter the menu,
Is this the web GUI, or the VGA/HDMI interface?

I'm unfamiliar with that DVR, so just guessing a bit :
What does SADP show for the status, Active or Inactive?
If Inactive, it requires that you create your own strong password in order to Activate it.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to set up 192.0.0.xx on the pc's network card, then I tried to ping 192.0.0.64 and gave me a successful answer, however, with sadp and with ivms 4500 I can not see it. can I do anything else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
with sadp and with ivms 4500 I can not see it.
OK, so it's not getting far enough for the SADP service to run.

Presumably if you point the browser at 192.0.0.64 when the PC IP address is set to 192.0.0.xx there isn't any response?

My next suggestion would be to try updating with the Hikvision tftp updater using the first firmware file that you said worked OK.
That should clear out the possible inconsistency / corruption in the configuration that's not presenting the login dialogue properly.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
unfortunately nothing with Sadp. only ping answers. not even tftp does not work, it does not start. I'm thinking of telling the seller that is a defective DVR maybe replacing it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of telling the seller that is a defective DVR maybe replacing it?
Definitely worth trying.
There have been a few similar instances on the -NI-I NVRs with updates to the new version 4.x firmware causing corruptions in the configuration file such that login pages do not work.
Yours does seem quite similar. The login screen is not behaving as it should, presumably due to the data it uses being invalid.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or try with the serial? it's possible to do it?