Dynamic analysis not working

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im trying to setup Dynamic Analysis, from my understanding the time line should change to a different color where motion is detected.

I have gone into the configuration menu and checked these two

Enable Motion Detection
Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion

Under this, I have a grid box of the entire live view screen

Sensitivity is on 4

Its not working, am I supposed to mess with the grid box or any other setting?

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Dynamic analysys not working

This varies with the firmware version - and also if you are using the web GUI or the VGA/HDMI interface.
But what you are looking for is the schedule type where you can select the different reasons for recording, for example:

Attachments

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for replying back as we really need this feature on one cam where motion is not constant and would help us greatly during playback.

Im using the web interface here are all the settings to possibly see what I'm missing.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it's the 'Schedule settings' that you need to configure to set the trigger for the recording type.
Fictitious example below:

Attachments

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Alas, thanks, I went in to schedule settings and changed it to Motion Detection for that one cam, just hope it doesn't only record motion, my goal was to just get a different color on the time line where motion is detected but to record continuously. Lets see if enabling Dynamic Analysts and setting this to motion detect will give the intended results. Will update you.

Thanks for your input.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that on the web admin playback screens - it doesn't provide a blue (continuous) timeline with red (alarm etc) highlights. It would be really good if it did that, but as far as I know it doesn't, unlike on the VGA/HDMI output.
But this may vary with model and firmware revision. It will be interesting to hear what your does.
That's one reason why I'm still running QNAP Surveillance Station, the playback timeline when both continuous and alarm recording is active shows both.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are correct, it doesnt but not only that, it didnt record at all when motion is not detected, what gives here? I figured if its showing no recording on the web GUI then its probably the same using the HDMI output.

This setting comes automatically on my cheap Lorex system surprised its this buried on the Hik.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are correct, it doesnt but not only that, it didnt record at all when motion is not detected, what gives here? I figured if its showing no recording on the web GUI then its probably the same using the HDMI output.

This setting comes automatically on my cheap Lorex system surprised its this buried on the Hik.

Did you ever manage to get this working? I am dumbfounded why I can't see line crossing "smart events" appear as an alarm on the playback time bar through a web browser or the iVMS-4200 software. I get the push email with the three jpg's, and I can see the line cross event logs. Anyway, I've spent a few hours messing with schedules etc and for my life it doesn't work. What does work is there are small bars when viewing playback on the TV directly connected to the NVR via HDMI.This is not convenient and not how I interact with the NVR.

It has to be finger trouble, as this is a most basic requirement, to glance at the bar and have events highlighted in a different color.