Early morning visitors

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First time I've seen Moose walking down the street in front of my house. This was recorded with my new re-branded Dahua 12x PTZ camera that does not have IR night vision. Audio included as a cow and her two calves stroll by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wLB6D5Yi6U&feature=youtu.be

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like they were practicing for a parade. Nice sound too.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I live in a fenced in community so there are only two entrances into the park. According to the time stamp, they were in this area for at least an hour. Wonder what they were up to? :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow! That is terrific. No blurring, good image for night time.
Yeah, so far I'm really happy with this camera. I've thought about adding an illuminator but not sure I really need one. This camera does well in low light.

There are two other cameras mounted on the same side of the garage. One is pointed down towards my gate, so it doesn't help much with its IR's. The other one is an old indoor Foscam 9821W mounted under the eave, so it doesn't have much IR range. I don't think the other two cameras are helping the Dahua that much with night vision.

vulpes

n3wb
Reaction score
I live in a fenced in community so there are only two entrances into the park. According to the time stamp, they were in this area for at least an hour. Wonder what they were up to? :)
Nice video! Around here they come in the autumn to eat the apples that lazy home owners have left on the ground. The apples have often fermented, so the moose can get quite drunk and unruly. It usually ends with the animal control shooting them, and they become moose steak at the nursing home.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That would be funny to watch them staggering and bumping into things after eating the fermented apples. :peaceful:

I'm not sure what they were looking for in this area but one of the neighbors down the street heard a noise and looked out his window and saw one of the calves walking up some steps to his wood porch.