easiest thing I can't figure out!

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have 8 cameras and want to extend the length of time each camera holds recorded video. It's stupid simple and I just can't figure it out. What I've done is camera properties>record>video continuous> then change the hours to 128 and GB to 60 in the below in 'options' box. I can do 60gb per camera. I'm trying to get it to cycle video and write over old with new. All cameras are set as the same but some have 1 day worth of recording and some 5 hours. 22gb is the largest recorded file it has. I have 500gb I can use still. I've spent a lot of time with blue iris and love it, just can't figure this out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have 8 cameras and want to extend the length of time each camera holds recorded video. It's stupid simple and I just can't figure it out. What I've done is camera properties>record>video continuous> then change the hours to 128 and GB to 60 in the below in 'options' box. I can do 60gb per camera. I'm trying to get it to cycle video and write over old with new. All cameras are set as the same but some have 1 day worth of recording and some 5 hours. 22gb is the largest recorded file it has. I have 500gb I can use still. I've spent a lot of time with blue iris and love it, just can't figure this out.
read the help file...you have changed combine and cut, that has no effect of storage limits..set it back to default or disable it, you will have problems otherwise....
you need to change your settings in clips and archiving.