Easiest way or changing around IP#s on my system

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have the last two digits of the ip in the upper left corner of each cam. Time is usually in the upper right. Also, fing just released a desktop version of their app, that really comes in handy. I use it quite a bit on my android phone and again I use the last two digits of whatever device in the fing name and that way I can easily tell if that device is at the correct ip address

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, fing just released a desktop version of their app, that really comes in handy.
That's good to know, as I use Fing on my iPhone all the time to locate new devices that are DHCP and got an IP from the router. Especially handy when you're at someone else's place getting NVR or cam set up on an unfamiliar network. If I don't recognize them one can scan for ports and you know when you find a 554 you're looking at a cam and not a printer, smart TV, tablet, etc. Even finds the router for you. Been using Fing on iOS for several years now so I'll definitely check it out for my PC.
Thanks! :cool:

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I did it and it wasn't that hard at all. I have just transferred all my cameras from 192.168.10.2 to 192.168.10.20 and so on. Deleted all of them from BI and after all the ip addresses wer back to how I wanted to be, I have re added them to BI. All is good now. Thank you all.
I have another question that is not related to changing ip addresses, but I don't want to open a new thread just for this.
I have a 59225 PTZ camera and I'm trying to fine tune the tracking. It matters what speed I set the camera too?

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If this thread deals with BI and POE switches, what differences are there as I set up my NVR with built in POE ports? Just learning and in another thread was told I just let the NVR assign IP addresses and don't need to assign them in my ASUS Router? Is this correct? Just wondering how I do firmware updates and I assume other access I haven't gotten around to learning about yet.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If this thread deals with BI and POE switches, what differences are there as I set up my NVR with built in POE ports? Just learning and in another thread was told I just let the NVR assign IP addresses and don't need to assign them in my ASUS Router? Is this correct? Just wondering how I do firmware updates and I assume other access I haven't gotten around to learning about yet.
Let the NVR assign the IP's. You can use the web interface of the NVR to do anything you need to do with the cams.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a weird situation, since this morning. Last night all the cameras were working great and today two of my cameras, the 59225 and my first Chinese varifocal camera went white screen. Dates, time and camera name still shows and functions. I have rebooted everything, I have unplugged and reconnected the cable, at the camera a few times, with no change.
Anybody has any pointers?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It is all good. Somehow, my Sunset/sunrise went off line, and these two cameras got stuck in Night mode.