Easy IP 4.0 Release - UK?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Hikvision Easy IP 4.0 cameras will be released in the UK? They were announced July '18 but still unavailable. My supplier told me to expect an April shipping date but this has passed and on another forum someone said the UK release had been postponed indefinitely. I was interested in the 4 MP Color Vu models.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EasyIP 4.0 stock have arrived in the UK for immediate shipping. Looks like I need to make a shopping list.

fj1

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tested these yet?
I'm interested in the Acusense tech to reduce false notifications but the ColorVu intrigues me. Colour at low light but it uses supplemental white light instead of IR. Willthat mean more or less flies/spiders?

I currently use the now defunct "DS-2CD2335FWD-I" as I've some light from a distant streetlight out front but the rear of my property is pretty dark so I was hoping to upgrade the front cam and move it around to the back.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They put the price up. Lovely

A few people have purchased the DS-2CD2385G1-I but immediately first thing they notice is the huge size of the cam. Big brute they say.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They put the price up. Lovely

A few people have purchased the DS-2CD2385G1-I but immediately first thing they notice is the huge size of the cam. Big brute they say.
Nothing wrong with a massive camera.

I'm intrigued by this colorvu tech because I have lots of ambient light out front of my house from the streetlights they are BRIGHT!

I started with the old 2032 hacked hiks
Then moved over to dahua when the starlight lines came out because they were miles ahead for low light.

I've been waiting to see what hiks next move was, so this looks promising.

I've got 3 of those dahua 5232R-ZE cams which are brilliant. The only issue I have is because of how much light the streetlights give off and there basically 1 right outside my property I cannot force 1 into B&w. Which is fine but I struggle a tiny bit with motion blur on that specific camera.

The other think is my work van has reflective vinyl signs on it so can play havoc with IR light!

You don't happen to know of any reviews on here's that's been done with any of these cams do you?