Email notifications

LV-426

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I have the following Hikvision DVR:

Model: DS-7608NI-SE/8p
Firmware: V2.3.11 Build 150625

Since the Gmail issue back in July, I started using Yandex mail. Now when I'm on the NVR and click on the Test button, I will receive the test email on my phone. However, my cameras are no longer sending email notifications when motion is detected. I've notice that once in awhile one camera may send me an email along with the 3 attachment photos but it is not consistent anymore. I made sure that the email check box for each camera is checked for an event. I've rebooted the NVR and all the cameras but I still don't receive the emails like I did before July 1st. My NVR records 24/7 and I have the red recording symbol on the NVR screen for each camera but when an object crosses the motion grid, I used to see an alarm symbol (looks like a bell). That doesn't even show anymore. I double checked all my settings and everything is as it was prior to July 1st. I can still view my cameras remotely on my phone and aside from the email issue, the NVR is working fine. I usually do all my configurations right on the NVR. Now I've even mimicked the same setting using the web interface and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pretty sure they updated that nvr with a gmail fix, try this site and get your update that is an pretty old version your running.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/
Hi! I've got the DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A NVR and like many on these forums have failed to set up the email notification. However, out of curiosity, I went into my PC iVMS-4200 client software and successfully set it up from there; emails coming through! Having then input the same settings through the NVR it still failed. The problem is now I will have to have my PC on all the time!! Is there anybody out there that's cracked this issue?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! I've got the DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A NVR and like many on these forums have failed to set up the email notification.
It's completely dependant on the revision of firmware that's installed on the NVR, as Hikvision rolled out a fix after gmail changed what methods could be used to access their service.
Is there anybody out there that's cracked this issue?
Well, yes, when they have installed the fixed firmware.