Email services - Limiting number sent per day

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did not realize that gmail and other email services limit the amount of emails you can send in a day or in somes in an hour. I never had to send very many. Now I have several security cameras set up and I use email to notify me when an alarm is triggered. I noticed that not all of them were getting through and that's when I found out about the limitations. What do others use in these circumstances? It seems there is no limitation to how many I can receive only send. So I could have a general email address for receiving all the alarm notices. I don't think setting up separate accounts for each camera would work either as it is possible to have more than 500/day (gmail limit). Any thoughts? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not realize that gmail and other email services limit the amount of emails you can send in a day or in somes in an hour. I never had to send very many. Now I have several security cameras set up and I use email to notify me when an alarm is triggered. I noticed that not all of them were getting through and that's when I found out about the limitations. What do others use in these circumstances? It seems there is no limitation to how many I can receive only send. So I could have a general email address for receiving all the alarm notices. I don't think setting up separate accounts for each camera would work either as it is possible to have more than 500/day (gmail limit). Any thoughts? Thanks
if you are getting 500 alerts per day, they are likely false, negating any usefulness...