EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE camera, wire color mapping? to replace connector.

jnaftzger

n3wb
Reaction score
Lots of similar threads. Here is one.

Thanks for replying. I have no pigtail so your link's method does not work for me.

Before posting I spent hours searching. Dahua cameras are not all the same. Some have solid colors. Mine has 568 white/color wiring. I terminated my camera like 568b and it does not function. I noticed another post successfully using 568A colors, but wanted specifics to my camera, IPC-T54IR-ZE, before shortening my pigtail further.

Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I have no pigtail so your link's method does not work for me.

Before posting I spent hours searching. Dahua cameras are not all the same. Some have solid colors. Mine has 568 white/color wiring. I terminated my camera like 568b and it does not function. I noticed another post successfully using 568A colors, but wanted specifics to my camera, IPC-T54IR-ZE, before shortening my pigtail further.

Thank you.
This is helpful info that would have been handy in your first post.:cool:

I'm curious...what happened to the original, attached female RJ-45 connector that was on the end of the pigtail ?

jnaftzger

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras' wires are w/o,o,w/g,blue,g,brown . I wired it as 568b with no w/blue and no w/brown. This doesn't work.

My cable is shielded direct burial, that is too thick for the watertight connectors. My process is I cut off the camera female end to replace with a male end, in order to use watertight male-male connectors that I purchased. In this case I interrupted my process, after cutting off the pigtail, and lost it.

Reaction score
My cameras' wires are w/o,o,w/g,blue,g,brown . I wired it as 568b with no w/blue and no w/brown. This doesn't work.

My cable is shielded direct burial, that is too thick for the watertight connectors. My process is I cut off the camera female end to replace with a male end, in order to use watertight male-male connectors that I purchased. In this case I interrupted my process, after cutting off the pigtail, and lost it.
Hey, (just from my own experience) , Done that before with other equipment :-( spent hours back and forth with tester lol ..Now I always take a pic with my phone before I cut anything... Hope you find the correct placement!
I also now now just use good shrink tube over cat cable and inject with hot glue or latex caulking before shrinking with heat torch I've had all (manufactured) adaptors leak or crack over time..