Empiretech NVR questions

dasdasdas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received a NVR8CH-AI and have tons of questions.
  1. how to get more thatn 4-split in the web UI? 1697672097543.png
  2. How to display the various types of detection events in the iphone app playback? app name is easyviewer plus
  3. how to prevent the playback from snapping back to start of day mid scrub? (iphone app)
  4. how to get notifications of certain events on the app? ie: record happens on motion but i only want notification on humans and vehicles.
  5. playback on NVR ui has filters to show only events but they're not synchronized to the common time, instead they play concurrently out of sync. How to fix that? clicking SYNC doesn't fill check box 1697672768039.png
  6. webUI playback (called search for some reason) can't filter by human/vehicle, how to fix? 1697672512787.png
  7. on the webUI playback, what are these strange ticks in the timeline? they seem to change when i click on that. 1697672590569.png
  8. webUI playback only shows 4 images, how can i show 9?
  9. clicking on M in webUI playback channel list doesn't switch to S, bug? 1697672699618.png
  10. webUI seems super buggy and for some reason internetexplorer won't launch anymore, must be one of them pesky windows auto updates. Is there a windows app like VMS? VMS is not compatible, I tried.
cheerio!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t have an “I” series
No offense but you need to RTFM and poke around the forums a bit.

For starts what browser are you using? Try Edge in IE mode.

And for a mobile app you need to install DMSS

Once you try those then we can revisit

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
  1. My NVR doesn't have that drop down..... selecting more than 4 cameras typically brings it to show 9 at a time, then over 9 cameras selected shows all 16.
  2. What is Easyviewer Plus app....???? DMSS (Dahua Mobile surveillance system) is the app.
  3. If the video hasn't loaded it will snap back to as far as it has loaded. This can be a sign of a slow network, your phone running slow or the cache on your HDDs is small.
  4. Have a look on YouTube, it's in device settings (the app) and subscribing to certain alarms. You can select what alarm type and which cameras (e.g. only line cross on cameras 2, 7 & 9).
  5. Stop playing back any video, then click sync. You can't click it while video is playing.
  6. This requires a camera with video meta data AI built in. For some reason mine doesn't show the video meta data done by the NVR.
  7. Those ticks is where you are playing back video in relation to time.
  8. Already said.
  9. M is Mainstream and S is Sub stream. If you haven't got sub stream recording then it doesn't have any recorded video to show. Typically you just need mainstream to record.
  10. No idea about internet explorer stuff. I find it works just fine in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. There is a VMS app, it's Dahua Smart PSS.
Cheerio :) .

dasdasdas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there an option to get the scrollwheel working in the playback timeline?
It works to zoom on video feed so it's not a hardware thing.

dasdasdas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
RDFM Read da fuckin manual
Hey pop it's not the 90s lol
Seriously though, ergonomics on these surveillance things is atrocious and I can not imagine how bad military software must be. I've used the most arcane pro softwares from early era NLE to CAD and even these have some respect for convention or human beings (not both).
  1. What is Easyviewer Plus app....???? DMSS (Dahua Mobile surveillance system) is the app.
it's the lame app in the qr code when you boot up the nvr ;)
  1. If the video hasn't loaded it will snap back to as far as it has loaded. This can be a sign of a slow network, your phone running slow or the cache on your HDDs is small.
not the SSD so could be network lag, i'll try with better cell coverage
  1. Those ticks is where you are playing back video in relation to time.
nah that's some ergonomic nonsense. every editing app i've used has one tick bar for the current time and all tracks sync to that
  1. No idea about internet explorer stuff. I find it works just fine in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. There is a VMS app, it's Dahua Smart PSS.
thanks!

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there an option to get the scrollwheel working in the playback timeline?
It works to zoom on video feed so it's not a hardware thing.
ah.. sorry I thought this was all about the NVR's own interface when playing back. Not the NVR's web interface.

In the web interface it's a slider.
1697755708596.png

On the NVR's playback screen it's scrolling the mouse wheel over the timeline.
I also see there is no sync option in the web interface..... but there is on the NVR's own timeline.
SmartPSS has a sync option.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
In Web GUI, Open Search page, select which cams to views, click any timeline, walla, Synch

NVRPlayback-Synch.jpg

As you tick the checkboxes for more cameras, the display automagically increases the window count as needed. Then click on the timeline anywhere and all 9 (7 in my case) will synch playback
NVRPlayback-Synch-9.jpg

Last edited:

dasdasdas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what I did and doesn't work... might be another firmware, lemme check.
Questions 2,3,4 install the DMSS app
done, life changed. Dahua must have
ah.. sorry I thought this was all about the NVR's own interface when playing back. Not the NVR's web interface.

In the web interface it's a slider.
View attachment 175459

I also see there is no sync option in the web interface..... but there is on the NVR's own timeline.
SmartPSS has a sync option.
Today the hardware UI scroll-zooms, just needed a few reboot maybe. The sync option would be nice on the web interface... maybe some firmware far in the future.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

I didnt say there was a "synch" button. Simply tick the checkboxes for the cameras you want to view on the right and click n the timeline. All cameras will start playback in synch.

You really need to make an effort and try some shit on your own

*And use IE or there are buttons and functions you wont otherwise see