Enable alerts using DIO (solved)

demetrio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to all ! Using an ESP8266 i made a presence detector that send 1 over serial port if one of the family cellular is detect and send 0 otherwise.
It's possible to use this logic to enable camera alerts only if blue iris detect 0 on the serial port ?
Thank you !

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So BI's built-in ability to use geo-fencing of cellular phones to arm/disarm BI or bring up specific profiles based on which user's phones are in or out of the geo-fence area will not meet your needs?

demetrio

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear TonyR, I know about BI geofencing feature but we are 4 so we need to buy the same copy of blue iris app (40 Euros in total). Instead with a bunch of euros I have the same functionality with no extra costs in case of scaling.
However I found the solution to my problem. I made two profiles, one called at work with alerts enabled and one called at home with alerts disabled. In the Blue Iris Settings->Digital IO and Iot I used the control parameters On set and On reset setting the necessary rules to switch between the two.

Attachments

xjust

n3wb
Reaction score
care to share your code on the esp ? im interested too :)
thanks

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I just started with ESP32's, and there are dozens of sample wifi-scanning/detection scripts available which contain code to build whatever you want (eg to scan your wifi (eg ESP-EOS/ESP32-WiFi-Sniffer)

What I personally would do:
  • opt for an AsyncWebserver (which simply shows your devices with a 1 (present) and a 0 (not present)
  • let the bi machine curl that website every 1-5 minute, and parse the output

Ready :)