Enabling HA

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
I only have 3 cameras.
-3840x2160p 8MP H265 15fps (ha disabled = no)
-3840x2160p 8MP H265 15fps (ha disabled = no)
-2688x1520p 5MP H264 15fps (ha enabled = intel)

When I manually set the 2160p cameras to 'Intel', they force them self back to 'No'
What am I missing here? Is it enabled and I dont know it, I see next to no activity on the GPU.
BI Options > Cameras is set to 'Intel'

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
After the above - motion detection stopped working, alert playback also stopped working - fantastic.
Uninstalled, reinstalled, added everything back in manually. Only to have alert playbacks still not play back... Your video stream was lost.
This program does my f**king head in.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the same thing happen when you choose "default" in the camera options?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes the obvious gets over looked so don't take this wrong. Did you enable global HA as well, in the main config, as well as for each camera? Does your motherboard and CPU support onboard video?

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,

Options is set to HAD: Intel, I'm not aware of any other global setting to apply?

The two 4k cameras refuse to enable HA if set to Default or Intel. I have to set to No to get any signal.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
What brand/model are the cameras? Not all cameras will work with HA. Or were they already working with HA previously?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I m assuming you are using the latest version of BI. And have the correct drivers to support h.265. H.265 has had problems in the past with Hardware acceleration. Set one of your H.265 cameras to H.264 and see it you have the problem.

Also what version of BI are you using?
What Intel processor ?
What driver and Version ?

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes on the latest version now, fresh install again. 4.8.2.0.
Had the issue on the prior minor update too.

Cameras are both DS-2CD2185FWD-I.
DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S) - Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

I assumed they were humming along with HA enabled, as that is what I had set in Options.
But when monitoring the GPU, it was doing sweet FA.
So I checked each camera individually and noted only one had HA enabled, the two 4k cams refused to enable when manually forced = No signal.

I have had issues with the memory leak on my i7-8700t/UHD630, after 5 or 6 driver versions the best of the bad bunch was v4944.

I have set all cams to h264 and HA is working and sticks on 'Intel' for all.
But of course, something else happens, the original camera that had HA working has now stopped Continuously recording, no video file in New or Stored where the others are recording fine :banghead:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK... going slowly forward
1) make sure the system ( the gear) on clips and archiving was the storage size set, and the days unchecked
2) on each of the cameras in BI video tab, limit decoding is checked.
3) on each of the cameras in BI video tab, hardware decode is set to INTEL
4) on each of the cameras in BI record tab, video is checked, continuous is select and folder is new
5) on each of the cameras in BI record tab, video format compression button, Blue iris DVR is selected.
6) on each of the cameras in BI record tab, video format compression button, direct to disk is selected.

Choco

n3wb
Reaction score
SouthernYankee, thanks for taking the time to respond.
RE your last post, all of those are configured, I've done so many rebuilds/installs in recent weeks those settings are embedded in my brain.

Good news is I have it up an running for the most part all with h264 only, I uninstalled BI again, manually removed any folders and also removed a sh*t tonne of registry settings that were littered throughout the registry even after the uninstall.

CPU usage is behaving but I still appear to have the Memory leak, each camera hogs 300-500MB (1200-1500MB total), unsure if this is usual? For now I'm kinda happy.
Truth is, my settings are no different to before, it appears as though BI just got its knicker in a twist when trying to enable h265 and it freaked the f**k out.

Ken said: 'The Intel driver is not compatible with H.265 video'

Attachments