Encoding scheme for digcap.dav

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to inhibit or bypass the psh shell.
You are asking for the keys to Hikvision's kingdom.
To do that - you'd need to have penetrated Hikvision's layers of integrity and anti-tampering protection, to modify the underlying firmware.

wwwoeiq

n3wb
Reaction score
That is totally incorrect. Only digicap.dav header is XOR'd in newer firmware. Files inside the dav are encrypted using 3DES-ECB. The keys are in the uImage.

Newer kernels provide /dev/hikded device and IOCTL interfaces used by /bin/ded to encrypt/decrypt files. Still, this does not protect anything from anything. You can still decrypt/repack/encrypt lzma files, update their MD5 checksums stored in new_10.bin and boot any firmware.
I've decrypted new_10.bin and tried to match the md5 checksums with files within the cramfs (app.tar.lzma, logo.tar.lzma, etc...) without success, any tips? :)

wwwoeiq

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you match the MD5 values with the encrypted files from cramfs.img ? That's how it works.
I've performed MD5 on encrypted file e.g. logo.tar.lzma then checked if the checksum is within new_10.bin and couldn't find a match, do I need to decrypt the file, perform checksum and then match?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming we are talking about 76xx NVR firmware here - it's only the encrypted files listed in the decrypted new_10.bin that have their MD5 values checked.
I've never seen a logo.tar.lzma listed in new_10.bin