Encryption key after update

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Hi guys, recently updated a Hik NVR 7604Ni-E1 to fw v3.4.96 build 170921

I had a read of the pdf before updating and noticed a note that encrption is on by default after upgrade, no problem with that except when trying to view live from the NVR via a web interface the ipcam views are.... encrypted !! a note pops up saying go to configuration>Local to set the encryption key ??

Local has the Encryption key entry point as has always been there from every fw version i have seen previously but that entry field has always had stars hiding whatever was default in there

Now running the latest FW the stars hiding the info are still there .... what the heck do i change or add to encryption to get live view up and running again, i am not touching anything yet until someone with knowledge can advise on how to get things working again

Thanks guys

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i found it was the encryption key found in the NVR, so that sorted the damn FW update is now causing the NVR to reboot evey minute or so, seems this FW has issues with my NVR or the FW itself has issues.... All Uk spec no grey market... now i need to find out how to either try the FW again or downgrade the NVR back to the previous version

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
look under your nvr there is a little sticker with some capital letters usualy 6 enter those into the web gui where the dots are.
and if on a laptop or home computer with ivms running enter that same code in the stream key for all cameras connected to that nvr
also if you run with more than one nvr each time you log into the web gui you will have to enter the code for that nvr the web gui will not save
each key for each nvr

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
in my second post i mentioned i found it marku2 but thank you, my main issue now is the NVR seems to be kicking me out of a remote session after every minute almost as though the nvr is rebooting but i can t be certain it is until i visit the nvr location

i did notice whilst i had brief access a new section called security, there was a list of options which could be ticked unticked, i thought perhaps the HTTP tick box would turn off encryption and give me a break from reseting the remote connection so i unticked it and rebooted as requested by the pop up box... now no access at all to the NVR, soi guess that tick box is a simple switch off web access !!

Wish Hiks had a decent help file, the NVRs help file also kept failing to load when i tried it... this is the first time i have had any issues with the NVR FW upgrades, normally no issues

Guess its a site visit today to try and resolve whats going on

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NO..nooo nooo noooo Thank god i am not near the Big smoke buddy, i am right down on the South Coast, M27 is bad enough, at a guess right now its grid lock, if i have to travel nowadays i use country roads and avoid Mways completely, i freekin hate sitting in traffic with avengeance

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finaly got access back to the portal and here is the PDF link for the latest FW update

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.96 build170921/External_NVR_V3.4.96_build170921Release Notes.pdf
Note* in the pdf, new features, system service,
User can disable/enable HTTP protocol and choose HTTP authentication type between digest and digest &basic
Disabling whilst on a remote connection was a bad move dag nabit
and i have no idea what basic and digest is ?? not a clue !

All the new options are welcome but i am finding a few issues, have a read before updating, i only wanted to update as i have installed a new Dark fighter 3mp series cam and wanted to make sure the NVR was capable of using the cams settings properly

Hopefully i can get this resolved but as a side note the Hik 3mp DS-2CD2335 FWDi is damn good at night, i am now running in night mode on this cam at night with no IR, in near total darkness and its damn impressive, with IR on in the cams position i get too much IR reflection off objects in view, i can definately recomend the 3mp DF cams, very impressive at night, i also run the 4mp 234`s and although superior during daylight night time they are a poor cousin to the 3mp

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m playing with the 2CD2325FHWD 50fps I still haven’t worked on that yet
I have ticked all mine over to h.265+ it’s hardly using any storage
And the two that have h.264+ Just looking at any recording issues but all seems ok