English documentaion for Dahua camera

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just purchased a Dahua IPC-HFW4431M-I2 (POE, great price and specs) to replace an aging, low res, generic WiFi Cam that I am monitoring on BlueIris. All the setup documentation for the Dahua is in Chinese. Is there equivalent English documentation and compatible English setup software that will get me started. I was able to muddle through the process on the older WiFi Cams even though the instructions were in terrible English.

Should I just cut my losses and return the camera? It was an Amazon purchase, return is easy. I thought it would be just an evening job. I don't want another hobby.

Thanks for any help
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Dahua IPC-HFW4431M-I2 (POE, great price and specs) to replace an aging, low res, generic WiFi Cam that I am monitoring on BlueIris. All the setup documentation for the Dahua is in Chinese. Is there equivalent English documentation and compatible English setup software that will get me started. I was able to muddle through the process on the older WiFi Cams even though the instructions were in terrible English.

Should I just cut my losses and return the camera? It was an Amazon purchase, return is easy. I thought it would be just an evening job. I don't want another hobby.

Thanks for any help
John
yes, you purchased a china region hacked camera...there are better international choices...look at the dahua starlight cams..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I was just going to tell you to download a manual from the Dahua web site, but when I went to verify the link I see it looks like they've pulled the manuals off. Anyway, try this link https://www.jaggsalarm.nl/downloads/dahua/bullet/ipc_hfw2421r_zs_ire6_manual.pdf . Also useful is the Dahua Wiki IPCamera - Dahua Wiki . I don't think there are any specific-camera manuals, only the generic kind. And they're not the world's best manuals, either. I'm running a few 4431Ms as well as a varifocal 4431c and think they're a terrific value, bang-for-the-buck-wise.

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the help TW1. That set me down the right path. I was able to get the camera on to show on IE and eventually got BlueIris to find it. The wiki helped me find the "configtool" software which is the key. I am up and running. I am glad I asked the question.
For $75 those are some really amazing cams. I am going to order another for the back door.
One other question if I still have your attention, when I install the second camera will I have to change the IP address for the first to avoid a conflict? Is there another way of proceeding?

Again, thanks for the help
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help TW1. That set me down the right path. I was able to get the camera on to show on IE and eventually got BlueIris to find it. The wiki helped me find the "configtool" software which is the key. I am up and running. I am glad I asked the question.
For $75 those are some really amazing cams. I am going to order another for the back door.
One other question if I still have your attention, when I install the second camera will I have to change the IP address for the first to avoid a conflict? Is there another way of proceeding?

Again, thanks for the help
John
For 100 you can get an international fixed starlight or international 3mp varifocal.... saving 25 for a hacked cam is silly...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
When using fixed IP addresses, my way of thinking is that when you bring up a new camera you should first thing change it off of the factory default ip address so there's no conflict when you bring up the next new camera. There are other ways to do it, this is what I think is the easiest.

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what I did. It worked great. It's remarkably easy to change the IP address using the Configtool.
Thanks John

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman: I was thinking of installing yet another camera. Where are those cameras that you mentioned being sold? Could you also recommend a specific model number?

Thanks
John