English Language

vbob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Okay, have been having a heck of a time with my DS-2CD3332-I.

I foolishly modded the firmware and was stuck at 5.1.6. for a time. Finally with the TFTP tool from hikvison and scouring the forms, I been able to upgrade to V5.2.0 build 140721 where the camera was originally. Box was labelled for 5.2.3_141024.

The main problem with the chinese language is that I cannot connect this camera to my mini nvr. So I attempted the language tool fix with hiktools and changed the language to download the US version of 2xx2_Series_IP_Camera_Firmware_v5.2.0_140721 which seemed to take and keep the camera running (in chinese language).

With so much info in the forums, I feel to be going in circles so looking for the accurate next step to actually have this unit show me an option for english language menus. I'm thinking I'm down to a last few corrections to get this in place but am extremely burnt out from looking for the correct step.

Thanks all,

vbob

n3wb
Reaction score

vbob

n3wb
Reaction score
networkcameracritic,

Thanks for the link. I'm stuck unfortunately. (thickheaded) If you could steer me on a few items

I've telnet into my camera at 192.168.1.250 Now should I be logging in to telnet as:root or as:admin?

I'm not overly familiar with Linux language so I'm interpreting the following:

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.250/mtdutils /mnt/nfs07 -o username=pcuser,password=pcpass (I'm to mount the folder within the camera, correct?)

cd /mnt/nfs07/mtdutils-1.5.0-arm-linux-gnueabi/sbin (change directory, within the camera)

Now when I run the 3 lines below (seperately) I'm not seeing any files to my shared drive:

./nanddump -nof mtd5_temp /dev/mtd5
./nanddump
-nof mtd6_temp /dev/mtd6

I reluctant to go further as I really don't want to brick this camera again. Would there happen to be a video of the procedure?

I appreciate the help thus far, would really like to be able to get this unit working with my NVR. Thanks again for the time!

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Coments in capitals in Quote below, hope it helps

networkcameracritic,

Thanks for the link. I'm stuck unfortunately. (thickheaded) If you could steer me on a few items

I've telnet into my camera at 192.168.1.250 Now should I be logging in to telnet as:root or as:admin?

ROOT

I'm not overly familiar with Linux language so I'm interpreting the following:

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.250/mtdutils /mnt/nfs07 -o username=pcuser,password=pcpass (I'm to mount the folder within the camera, correct?)

NO YOU ARE MOUNTING A SHARE ON YOUR PC, YOU CAN ALSO USE THE NAS SETTIN IN THE CAMERA

cd /mnt/nfs07/mtdutils-1.5.0-arm-linux-gnueabi/sbin (change directory, within the camera)

YES TO THE SHARED DIRECTORY ON YOUR PC CONTAINING THE MTDUTILS DIRECTORY

Now when I run the 3 lines below (seperately) I'm not seeing any files to my shared drive:

./nanddump -nof mtd5_temp /dev/mtd5
./nanddump -nof mtd6_temp /dev/mtd6

SHOULD BE TWO LINES AS ABOVE (TYPO METHINKS)

I reluctant to go further as I really don't want to brick this camera again. Would there happen to be a video of the procedure?

THERE HARD TO TOTALLY BRICK I RECOVERED MINE AFTER WRITING MTD5 TO MTD6

I appreciate the help thus far, would really like to be able to get this unit working with my NVR. Thanks again for the time!

vbob

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay ran through the steps. Created the share via NAS on the configuration area of the camera. I've included the Telnet events.

I had to path in to the share via nfs00.

formating on the instruction got me a few times but I'm still looking at a chinese language camera.

Any info that steers me correctly is again appreciated.

Attachments

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi

this may be your issue...

# /flash_eraseall
-sh: /flash_eraseall: not found
this is a log of me writing the files back to the camera, i use "echo -ne \\x01 | dd conv=notrunc seek=xx bs=1 count=1 of=mtdx_temp" but from a terminal on my linux box so you dont see it in the log or when i dumped the mtdX_temp i coped them on to the test directory via ftp as the camera would not boot.

telnet 192.0.0.64
Trying 192.0.0.64...
Connected to 192.0.0.64.
Escape character is '^]'.

(none) login: root
Password:
login: can't chdir to home directory '/root/'
# mkdir test
# ls
lib davinci home bin dav_sec sys tmp proc test
sbin usr config dav etc VERSION dev init
# cd test
# ls
# ls
flash_eraseall flash_erase nandwrite mtd5_temp mtd6_temp
# chmod 777 flash_erase
# chmod 777 flash_eraseall
# chmod 777 nandwrite
# ./flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5
flash_eraseall has been replaced by `flash_erase <mtddev> 0 0`; please use it
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 60000 -- 100 % complete
# ./flash_eraseall /dev/mtd6
flash_eraseall has been replaced by `flash_erase <mtddev> 0 0`; please use it
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 60000 -- 100 % complete
# ./nandwrite -o /dev/mtd5 mtd5_temp
Writing data to block 0 at offset 0x0
Writing data to block 1 at offset 0x20000
Writing data to block 2 at offset 0x40000
Writing data to block 3 at offset 0x60000
# ./nandwrite -o /dev/mtd6 mtd6_temp
Writing data to block 0 at offset 0x0
Writing data to block 1 at offset 0x20000
Writing data to block 2 at offset 0x40000
Writing data to block 3 at offset 0x60000
# reboot
Connection closed by foreign host.

vbob

n3wb
Reaction score
Copex, thanks for joining in. Sorry, not familiar with Linux so not sure what modifications I should be making on my commands. Is it the chmod 777 that I should be adding?

Thanks,

vbob

n3wb
Reaction score
Leave someone to it long enough.... :)

Looks like adding the chmod 777 commands did it. Appears to be an English running camera once again.

Thank you all for taking the time to walk me through this.

It is most appreciated!!

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@vbob glad you got it sorted :) its all about sharing the knowledge :semi-twins:

Last edited by a moderator: