ENS Cam Dead

Reaction score
Hi - I have the ENS camera IP-5IRD4S02VFZ-W. It recently stopped working, and I believe water got into the POE connection. I recently tested the Ethernet wire, and it is transmitting power. I read sometimes rewiring the camera into a jack can work. Is there a standard pin out I can use? Anyone have the color diagram for this camera? Can I open the camera and swap out the power connector? I see they are sold on EBay. Total newbie here, so any help would be appreciate. I prefer to fix before having to buy a new camera.
Thanks!!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assume you've tried a different POE port; is the cam's IR-cut filter clicking when powered up?

Have you tried cleaning the male-to-female RJ-45 connection with De-OXit D5? If so and it tests OK after that, be sure to use dielectric grease and water-proof as here.

Since your'e lucky enough to still have the pigtail intact (too many come here and ask AFTER they've cut it off or someone else ripped it off and have no idea of the pinout/color code) write down the color code as it appears on the blank image below, being careful to match color to pin number then you can punch it down to a female Keystone jack or crimp onto a male RJ-45 (NOTE pin layout!) and use a waterproof coupler (bulky).

Camera_RJ45_FEMALE_pinout.jpg RJ45-Pinout-T568B.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Little confused. How do I know the correct pinout for the ip cam? I planned to add a male rj45 and use a coupler.

Reaction score
Ohhh, I think I’m a little dense. Try and find the color pinout in the current female rj45 and simply mimic that on a new one.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Little confused. How do I know the correct pinout for the ip cam? I planned to add a male rj45 and use a coupler.
Ohhh, I think I’m a little dense. Try and find the color pinout in the current female rj45 and simply mimic that on a new one.
Your choice, male or female, what's important is writing down the proper color-to-pin setup on the existing pigtail before you go any further.

Reaction score
The inside of the pigtail was a disaster. I was not able to salvage…. Now, stuck with 8 wires. Black, Red, Green, yellow, orange, blue, white, and brown.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your choice, male or female, what's important is writing down the proper color-to-pin setup on the existing pigtail before you go any further.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have a DVM or continuity checker? If so, could you strip a tiny amount of insulation off each wire and see which color goes to which pin of the RJ-45 female?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try the pinout suggested in Post #2?