Entering a "space" into password box

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been googling and searching this forum too, and cannot find an answer, although I assume it's relatively simple.

I'm trying to add some cams to BI that have a space (hit spacebar) as the first part of the password.
Eg: " bolo"

But BI doesn't accept the space, once I add it, the space is removed and of course the password doesn't work.

Even if I could change the password (not mine, a client), I would like to know how to resolve this,

Thanks.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
just change the passwords to something that doesn't have a space. problem solved. sheesh.
If you really feel it's a BI bug (or feature request,) email the developer mailto://support@blueirissoftware.com and make your case...

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Uh, pozz, please re-read my post before making unhelpful and condescending comments.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
how is that not helpful? i offered 2 solutions. 1) don't do that or 2) email support. seems obvious enuf...

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
For multiple reasons, this password cant be changed and an extra one cannot be entered.

Surely there must be some way to make the system accept a space. I even tried alt-255 but that made no difference.

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Find Blue Iris's registry settings and try to set the password there. It might be Base64 encoded as UTF8 or something, in the registry.
I'm not sure what you mean. I am running various different cams on blue iris, so I can't just use one login.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Space is very problematic as a password component as many programmers are used to cutting words / strings on spaces

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
And they are often trimmed from the start and end of inputs because 99% of the time when there is a space at the start or end it is unnecessary and accidental.