Enterprise software other than BI recommended?

thacrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

First post here and maybe this is a bit hasty but can anyone recommend any pay, enterprise grade software other than blue iris that does not require a virtual machine? I know blue iris is highly regarded but it just doesn't seem to support many cams on its tested list. I set up a system for a friend of a friend with some Trendnet IP cams and they were not supported. It seems like all the Trendnet cams that are supported are old. ....or maybe if someone can recommend a good indoor/outdoor weatherproof, rugged/vandal resistant, auto-night vision capable POE IP cam than blue iris is compatible with I would appreciate it. I've been going down the list of compatible cams and I'm sick of looking them up because i keep finding really old cams or cams that aren't sold anymore. I've been getting really turned off from blue iris because of this before even trying it.

I don't mind paying for software as long as it supports a decent cam that is a decent price. The Trendnet system I set up was recorded on a dedicated PC I put together for them. It records 24x7, hold recordings for 30 days, can record off site and can be viewed from anywhere - all standard stuff I know, but also requirements I have for a system I would like to put together myself. The Trendnet software worked great and did all of this. The viewing interface was a bit buggy and we had to turn the views on and off every so often for it to work - but the software was free....

Can anyone recommend something comparable or better to the TV-IP310PI works with Blue Iris, or software that is better than BI(it's fine if it costs more) that works with windows.? Need to be able to record on and off site, view anywhere, get alerts.

Thanks everyone

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If my eyes are not deceiving me the TV-IP310PI looks like a rebranded Hikvision 2032 probably with crappy firmware.

Wonder how much they cost compared to the Hikvision stuff. They basically have a different model for almost everything, different types, resolutions, and etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyways, I'm not sure how often the Blue Iris list is updated, and not sure if they test every camera available especially if it is a new offering.

The two most common best value brands would be Hikvision and Dahua, there are sub-sections in the IP Camera are where you can find many threads on recommendations.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If my eyes are not deceiving me the TV-IP310PI looks like a rebranded Hikvision 2032 probably with crappy firmware.

Wonder how much they cost compared to the Hikvision stuff. They basically have a different model for almost everything, different types, resolutions, and etc

Yes, it is. Blue iris will work with almost any camera. You simply need the correct path. OP simply needs to set it to hikvision 2cdxxx. Paid enterprise software starts a 50 dollars PER camera. Easily goes to 100 per camera if you are looking for functions like recording to nas. See Exacq, milestone, avigilon.

thacrow

n3wb
Reaction score
This is great thanks guys! I will be purchasing Hikvision IP cams then. Thank you both so much for taking the time to read this and give great feedback. This really help a lot.

thacrow

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Hikvision DS-2CD2T32-I5 vs DS-2CD2032-I vs DS-2CD2232-I5? Looks like they're all 3MP, all IR. The DS-2CD2T32-I5 seems to have better quality video from what I have found on youtube and longer IR range. Thoughts? If anyone is curious, I'm opening a 6,000 private SF fitness center where memberships are sold to the trainers, or the rent space from me (two ways to looks at it). No actual employees so I want cameras in the gym so if someone gets hurt it's on film, and also because sometimes they get there really early in the morning, there is a camera system in the parking lot to deter criminals.