Error 8000274c

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 cams from the same manufacturer one is mounted in Switzerland the other is mounted in Australia. From my Swiss PC I cant see the camera in Australia (although the camera is actually working in Australia) I have transposed the exact the same settings from my AU Blue Iris camera properties, except of course the IP address is different - I get the error code 8000274c.
Any thoughts any one ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 cams from the same manufacturer one is mounted in Switzerland the other is mounted in Australia. From my Swiss PC I cant see the camera in Australia (although the camera is actually working in Australia) I have transposed the exact the same settings from my AU Blue Iris camera properties, except of course the IP address is different - I get the error code 8000274c.
Any thoughts any one ?
sounds like you are port forwarding..
1- bad idea, HUGE security risk
2- you likely did not forward the correct ports.
3- setup a VPN

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi fenderman - thanks but I am not clued up on how to do that. I have a more pressing problem, in that all my play back videos have blue pixilation - I am using Blue Iris latest version - any suggestions what settings I might have to change ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman - thanks but I am not clued up on how to do that. I have a more pressing problem, in that all my play back videos have blue pixilation - I am using Blue Iris latest version - any suggestions what settings I might have to change ?
Right click... uncheck run through motion detector...and no, your security risk is the more pressing problem

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks but that is very cryptic - I am using Blue Iris - and the right click on what eludes me
could you be more specific please - I am not as clever as you are
cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks but that is very cryptic - I am using Blue Iris - and the right click on what eludes me
could you be more specific please - I am not as clever as you are
cheers
on the video as its playing back or you can search the help file and see the notes on playing back through motion detector...its best not to enable an features until you know what they are.....post an image of what you are seeing so i can confirm your problem.

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah ha - this feature was turned on by default - by un-ticking all the blue pixilation disappeared - thanks fenderman

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
what is a VPN ? please and why would I need one for my 10 cameras scattered around the world
I also checked and I have set up the identical port forward as to the one in Switzerland & in Australia
with different IP of course so it works outside my home network .