Error- Clip: trouble creating file

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or might immediately know what this is referring to. I looked in the recorded log and unfortunately it doesn't say any more than the original alert of just "Clip: trouble creating file". I did a site search, (also a google search) and also a search of the Blueiris Wiki found in the top blue bar on the site pages. For some reason I'm thinking there's another, larger wiki, (maybe in a document type of format?) somewhere. I thought I had it bookmarked but I can't find it. If someone could post that link at least, thanks as it would always help me research questions before I ask.

I'll continue to troubleshoot and post my results for future searchers.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
update - looks like the issue was with me storing my vids remotely on a nas. I didn't have the blueiris (windows) machine set to auto login into the shared SMB folder on the nas. Once I set it to remember creds, it auto logged in & all good. Still oddly, even with the network manager automapping the nas shared folder (it looks like its logged in), I still need to go into Blue Iris Options>Clips and Archiving, click on the database path and log into the smb share, & its not keeping my login creds after a reboot. So for the time being, I'm ok until the power flicks or an unexpected shutdown. It's likely just a windows setting somewhere I'm not seeing yet. I'll find it. All is good.

Moral of the story I believe is that the error "Clip: trouble creating file" means that BlueIris is having trouble getting to the database.