Error code 17

snice

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have few Hikvision cams and sometimes I get Error code 17 with ivms. Do you know what does it means? And how to solve this problem ?

Thank you

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm afraid only Hikvision R&D itself knows what that code means. Can you describe what you're trying to do?

snice

n3wb
Reaction score
My cams work well since few month. It's just that sometimes I get this error while trying to view my cams from my smartphone using iVMS. If I restart the cam, everything becomes fine. But it's anoying if you are away...

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check if you have update for iVMS4500 software. Another thing:make sure you have port 554 forwarded in your router.

snice

n3wb
Reaction score
port 554 are opened of course. and I use the latest version of iVMS4500

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange... Do you have any problems if you use the latest iVMS4200 software for PC? How many cameras do you have in the network? Do you get the same error for all the cams?
Here are some other tips:
- Make sure you use the latest firmware for the cameras in case you use English firmware (Chinese version is a different story).
- For iVMS4500: try clearing app data and cache.
- I'm still thinking of port 554 might be the problem. In case you have more than one camera in your network, you should change port 554 for all the cams, preferably starting above 1024, like IP1 - 1024, IP2 - 1025, etc.
- Also try disabling UPnP in the NAT network settings for all the cams, then reboot. Sometimes that could mess up the things.