Error connecting Reolink RLC-810a to Blue Iris

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
After adding the camera to Blue Iris I get the following:
1699553578131.png
Can someone provide instructions on how to resolve this error, please?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Way too many unknowns and possibilities.

Let's start with obvious - what is the camera IP address and what is the BI computer IP address?

Go into the camera setting and confirm the IP address, username, and password is correct and then hit the find/inspect key and post the screenshot of the pop up window. It may scroll to two pages.

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
Way too many unknowns and possibilities.

Let's start with obvious - what is the camera IP address and what is the BI computer IP address?

Go into the camera setting and confirm the IP address, username, and password is correct and then hit the find/inspect key and post the screenshot of the pop up window. It may scroll to two pages.
The camera IP address is known and found in the list of IP addresses in the BI popup window. The BI computer address is known and shows the camera ip address in the list of devices as an ethernet connection.

I am uncertain which username and password you are referring to.

Note: The camera connects well with the Reolink app on my phone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course it will connect to the Reolink app as that is the camera app and is done via P2P. That is irrelevant. Ring cameras work well with the Ring app but won't work in anything else including BI.

In order for BI to be able to see the camera, you need to tell it the IP address, the username, and the password.

If you haven't set up a username and password for the camera, that is your first action.

Then go back into BI under either add camera or the camera setting in the one you set up and type in the IP address of the camera, its username and password and hit the Find/Inspect key and if the video isn't there then, screenshot the pop up window that popped up and it may have scrolled to two pages so you will need to screenshot both. That pop up window gives us some potential clues as to why it didn't work.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First order of business, return the crap Reolink stuff.
Then purchase some real cameras such as this:

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
First order of business, return the crap Reolink stuff.
Then purchase some real cameras such as this:
I have to have a PoE camera and use a powerline adapter. I do not have the ability to run ethernet and do not want a wifi camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have to have a PoE camera and use a powerline adapter. I do not have the ability to run ethernet and do not want a wifi camera.
The camera Looney linked is a POE camera and can work with a powerline adapter. It is not a wifi camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set username and password for camera on camera app.

View attachment 177479
View attachment 177476
First, you can list the private LAN IP addresses as it does not tell anyone anything - they are the same as everyone else. The IP address of your service provider for your WAN is what you don't provide...Everything on the inside past the modem is fine to put out. Everything on the inside, the local will fall under these ranges and you are not telling anyone anything about how to hack your system providing these ranges (basically any IP that starts out 10. or 172. or 192. are reserved for the "home side" of the service so every home internally will be within this same range):

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

The number you blacked out is the same?

But keep in mind Reolink acts like they work well with other systems, but in many cases they don't.

It is clearly documented in the forum all the problems Reolink has trying to work in BI.

Here was a thread not to long ago where someone couldn't get this model to work either. But even if you do, there are other problems BI has with Reolinks.

Best to return and get a compatible camera.

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
First, you can list the private LAN IP addresses as it does not tell anyone anything - they are the same as everyone else. The IP address of your service provider for your WAN is what you don't provide...Everything on the inside past the modem is fine to put out. Everything on the inside, the local will fall under these ranges and you are not telling anyone anything about how to hack your system providing these ranges (basically any IP that starts out 10. or 172. or 192. are reserved for the "home side" of the service so every home internally will be within this same range):

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

The number you blacked out is the same?

But keep in mind Reolink acts like they work well with other systems, but in many cases they don't.

It is clearly documented in the forum all the problems Reolink has trying to work in BI.

Here was a thread not to long ago where someone couldn't get this model to work either. But even if you do, there are other problems BI has with Reolinks.

Best to return and get a compatible camera.

Thank you for the information. The reason I have a Reolink is that I thought I saw them recommended on this site. I am more than willing to send it back and get something else.
I have to have a PoE camera, preferably a bullet, that I can connect via a powerline adapter; cannot run ethernet and don't want wifi. Your help will be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only Reolink people recommend here is their POE doorbell.

Everything else from Reolink is problematic with BI and their firmware results in motion blur/ghosting at night or BI completely missing the motion.

These would be the bullets most would recommend. All of which are POE and will work with a Powerline adapter:

@EMPIRETECANDY is having a sale next week or so if you can wait.

Or pull one off his refurb list:

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
The only Reolink people recommend here is their POE doorbell.

Everything else from Reolink is problematic with BI and their firmware results in motion blur/ghosting at night or BI completely missing the motion.

These would be the bullets most would recommend. All of which are POE and will work with a Powerline adapter:

@EMPIRETECANDY is having a sale next week or so if you can wait.

Or pull one off his refurb list:

Many thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just linking a new post the OP made for the solution; however, it still doesn't resolve the poor night performance of the camera nor the issue of the KEY value dropping below 0.50 in BI.

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
Just linking a new post the OP made for the solution; however, it still doesn't resolve the poor night performance of the camera nor the issue of the KEY value dropping below 0.50 in BI.

Thanks for the information.