Error connecting to wunderground

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using Blue Iris since 2017 and currently using V5. However, I've only just recently been made aware of BIT and I love the concept. Unfortunately, for me, I cannot seem to get the weather overlays to work because of this error:

error.jpg

Tried a dozen different station ID's in several different locations and I know I have an internet connection. :idk:

I have searched previous posts relating to this and the only one I found didn't really help me out. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

crw030

Known around here
Reaction score
Ouch. So is this one of those "buy a company, then sell their previously free data"?

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
WUndergorund killed their private API service. I am currently looking for alternative solutions.
Here's another shout-out of thanks to you, Mike! I appreciate you taking the time to research alternative options. I've enjoyed checking my local weather when I'm also checking my cams. It would be a shame if that feature died-off.

BCSO303

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes! Add me to the shout out.. Awesome add on for Blue Iris Software which I have maintained the registration for for years..If there 's anyway to redirect to an alternative host I'm all for it.. Unfortunately WU took the wrong turn for me and dropped a lot of features. Providing valuable weather information to my users is very important. Thank you for all that you do. It is appreciated.

NobleBOFH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using Blue Iris since 2017 and currently using V5. However, I've only just recently been made aware of BIT and I love the concept. Unfortunately, for me, I cannot seem to get the weather overlays to work because of this error:
Weather updates started failing for me today. I was looking into purchasing my own WU weather station. WU just saved me some $$

Reaction score
1.6.0 - Jan 18, 2020
-Fixed WUnderground API issue!
-Completely new weather system
-Added "Dew Point", "Solar Radiation" & "Precipitation Rate" to weather values & languages
-Groundwork started for BIT 2.0
-"Wind Desc." changed to "Wind Dir." due to changes w/ WU
-Add-on handler "weather_get_winddesc" changed to "weather_get_winddir"
-Multiple language phrases & add-on hanlders added for new weather values
-Multiple locations temporarily disabled. Will be back soon!
-Many bug fixes

Yay! Thank you very much

BCSO303

n3wb
Reaction score
1.6.0 - Jan 18, 2020
-Fixed WUnderground API issue!
-Completely new weather system
-Added "Dew Point", "Solar Radiation" & "Precipitation Rate" to weather values & languages
-Groundwork started for BIT 2.0
-"Wind Desc." changed to "Wind Dir." due to changes w/ WU
-Add-on handler "weather_get_winddesc" changed to "weather_get_winddir"
-Multiple language phrases & add-on hanlders added for new weather values
-Multiple locations temporarily disabled. Will be back soon!
-Many bug fixes

Yay! Thank you very much
Just wanted to say Thank you for your Time and Effort! The weather information has been working great! Really appreciate the upkeep of the software.. I'll be looking into a donation.. Well worth the investment! :)