Error connecting wunderground/ check internet /station id

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed BIT and can't get the weather overlay to work. I live in southern Norway and I've tried 3 different weather ids from weatherunderground, but none of them work. I get this message:
Error connecting to wunderground. Check your internet connection/station id

I have tried these id's since they are in my vicinity:
IVESTAGD29
IKRISTIA306
IVENNESL19

Anybody??

P.S. My internet connection works perfectly. :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that WU is full of bugs lately. It very well could be them, if you are positive you have anything setup correctly. ;)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed BIT and can't get the weather overlay to work. I live in southern Norway and I've tried 3 different weather ids from weatherunderground, but none of them work. I get this message:

IVESTAGD29
IKRISTIA306
IVENNESL19

Anybody??

I'm going to need you to let me tap into your computer so I can troubleshoot this. This is a bug that a few people are experiencing but I cannot replicate on any of my BI machines and it's driving me crazy. Please download and install Ultraviewer and send me the credentials in a private conversation.

Reaction score
I'm going to need you to let me tap into your computer so I can troubleshoot this. This is a bug that a few people are experiencing but I cannot replicate on any of my BI machines and it's driving me crazy. Please download and install Ultraviewer and send me the credentials in a private conversation.
I have this problem also. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 which forced me to buy Blue Iris v4 (Yes, I was still using 3 and everything worked fine including BI Tools). I am okay without the weather overlay I guess if it's a harder fix than I can handle from my end. It seemed like the other day it didn't save the watchdog "on" checkbox when I restarted the computer too though, but I was restarting and looking at BI Tools to make sure it had indeed started BI as a service. Maybe I looked too soon?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

IVESTAGD29
IKRISTIA306
IVENNESL19

Anybody??

FYI, I Googled all 3 and got the following:

IVESTAGD29: Info here
IKRISTIA306: says "not reporting" here
IVENNESL19: says "not reporting" here

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have this problem also. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 which forced me to buy Blue Iris v4 (Yes, I was still using 3 and everything worked fine including BI Tools). I am okay without the weather overlay I guess if it's a harder fix than I can handle from my end. It seemed like the other day it didn't save the watchdog "on" checkbox when I restarted the computer too though, but I was restarting and looking at BI Tools to make sure it had indeed started BI as a service. Maybe I looked too soon?
Your problem is most likely because you didn't set your BI version to version 4 in the settings of BIT