Error http: 120002 and a separate issue

macadoodle

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a strange issue - I was running BI (newest version) fine with 5 cameras for a long time. Over the weekend the host computer got a virus and knocked most of the cameras offline after running fixes. Everything was cleaned but in BI only a few of the cameras would connect so I decided to take this time to upgrade to windows 10 (fresh format) and do a fresh install of BI. After the upgrade all cameras but one connected (more on that one in a minute). After a few hours of no issues one of the cameras dropped off the network and gave me a 120002 error in BI - the problem is I can connect to it through it's IP address and foscams app as well. All the settings are the same they were. Any idea what would cause this?

The other foscam that won't connect has a REALLY strange issue - It has no IP address that I am aware of. If I use foscams cloud app on iphone and scan for it I can find it and connect and view it, etc. It doesn't have an IP listed, just a long string of numbers/letters under p2p uid/ip. I checked my network for the MAC address of the cam and there is nothing listed. I want to avoid resetting the cam to factory settings because I would need to get on a ladder to take it down to reconnect it to the network...

Any ideas/thoughts/advice?

Thanks so much!

-Matt

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To eliminate the dropping, increase the receive buffer to 20mb (video>configuration)
As far as your other issue, the camera must have an ip address. Scan your network with something like "fing" (mobile app).

macadoodle

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks,

Sadly that didn't fix it.

I have scanned the network multiple ways - straight through my router (using apple airport extreme so had to use old airport utility to see all wired/wireless devices), using a program - ccgetmac which you can list all IPs and also search via MAC - nothing. Its strange.