Error

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is everyone else also getting the following error?

Sentry: No image id: An error occurred (ResourceNotFoundException) when calling the UpdateItem operation: Requested resource not found

Reactions: bqz

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I enabled last night. Got the same error in status messages each time motion triggered. No humans in any of the clips, and no audible push alert which seems right. Is the error message how they say false alert maybe?

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I enabled last night. Got the same error in status messages each time motion triggered. No humans in any of the clips, and no audible push alert which seems right. Is the error message how they say false alert maybe?
No my alerts are still going off even without humans in them.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few different alerts setup. I use pushover not blueiris alerts. I also push http commands to my Smarthome when BI see's motion. So basicly right now I'm still getting all the same alerts and clips as before without Sentry even when it's not a human.

Reactions: bqz

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like you've taken sentry out of the equation with your setup.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure how you figure that? Does sentry only allow you to use BI pushalerts after it detects a human?
Where do you set your output or alert coming from sentry after it detects a human? I see under trigger you have a check box to use Sentry input, but where is the output?

bqz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think that the cameras setup should not be changed, but if you enable Sentry, a second instance occurs after blue iris triggering, where Sentry analyses the image and confirms or rejects it (human in the image= accept). If Sentry enabled, alerts/push should be delayed until Sentry confirms or rejects the image. So I think it is not working as expected...

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Response from Ken is:

Are you potentially running a firewall preventing BlueIris from contacting the Amazon AWS servers? This is what's used to send the information to Sentry. The address is

api.smarthomesentry.com

It may have also been a time out attempting to contact this address, in which case it may work in the future. As you see, if the software fails to contact Sentry it will continue with the alert as normal.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is good info, I don't have any firewall problems that I can see. I also seem to think that everyone is getting this error not just one or two people which also leads me to believe that it's not on my side.

I left a message on Sentry's Chat and they emailed me back an hour later with:

"Thank you for the information, our team will check and back to you if we need further information to investigate the error. "

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got an email back from Sentry saying they fixed my problem but left no clue what the issue was. Sure enough my next motion left this in the logs.

Sentry: Thanks for using Sentry smart alerts!!

It also has left this each time it was a false.

Sentry: Alert cancelled

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Is everyone else also getting the following error?

Sentry: No image id: An error occurred (ResourceNotFoundException) when calling the UpdateItem operation: Requested resource not found
Apologies. We had some growing pains with our infrastructure when we went live yesterday. Should be resolved now.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Welcome to the Sentry forum. Let me start by explaining the first step in our BI integration.

This feature is enabled on the Trigger tab in camera properties. You have to enable the feature on a per camera basis.

When enabled, the camera will still record when triggered. If humans are detected in the clip associated with the trigger, Sentry adds icons to the clip list as seen below:

The clips are marked with two icons. The Sentry logo marks a clip where human activity was first detected. If Sentry determines the alert is a continuation of a previous alert, you will see an "occupied" logo (a person) appear instead. For example, if the kids are playing in the front lawn, Sentry will mark the first alert with the Sentry logo. However, Sentry may identify subsequent motion alerts from BI as a continuation of the first alert (where kids were playing) and therefore mark this activity with the red human icon.

If you have SMS and/or email alerts set up for Sentry cameras... then you will now ONLY receive alerts associated with clips with the Sentry logo, i.e. new human activity events. Internally, our mantra is "Stop the nonsense". We hope to reduce false alerts and deliver meaningful alerts. Hope we improve your day by delivering alerts that matter.

All for now. More to come. Feedback welcome! :)

Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I have a few different alerts setup. I use pushover not blueiris alerts. I also push http commands to my Smarthome when BI see's motion. So basicly right now I'm still getting all the same alerts and clips as before without Sentry even when it's not a human.
We did not realize the usage of push notifications. We plan to add that integration to our next release in the roadmap.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like you've taken sentry out of the equation with your setup.
Agreed, significant value is in delivering the appropriate alerts. However, you still receive the indicators in the clip list. We plan to add push notification integration as a priority in the roadmap.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Not sure how you figure that? Does sentry only allow you to use BI pushalerts after it detects a human?
Where do you set your output or alert coming from sentry after it detects a human? I see under trigger you have a check box to use Sentry input, but where is the output?
That level of control is not in the product. We integrated Sentry alerts into SMS and Email alerts, i.e. when a clip is identified as a new event with human detection, i.e. "sentry logo" in clip, we send email and SMS alerts. Otherwise alerts are suppressed.

We will use the same logic on push notifications.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I think that the cameras setup should not be changed, but if you enable Sentry, a second instance occurs after blue iris triggering, where Sentry analyses the image and confirms or rejects it (human in the image= accept). If Sentry enabled, alerts/push should be delayed until Sentry confirms or rejects the image. So I think it is not working as expected...
The logic above is all correct. However, we did not integrate that logic to all the Alert actions. Right now the above logic is running for email and SMS alerts, i.e. if Senty identifies a human, we send the SMS / Email alert. If you have push notifications, you will continue receiving the alerts determined by Blue Iris.

We will add the logic to all Alert actions in the next release.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
That is good info, I don't have any firewall problems that I can see. I also seem to think that everyone is getting this error not just one or two people which also leads me to believe that it's not on my side.

I left a message on Sentry's Chat and they emailed me back an hour later with:

"Thank you for the information, our team will check and back to you if we need further information to investigate the error. "
We had a glitch in our system that was resolved this morning, 2019-Mar-15. Everyone should be working now.

-- Sam from Sentry