Error

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I got an email back from Sentry saying they fixed my problem but left no clue what the issue was. Sure enough my next motion left this in the logs.

Sentry: Thanks for using Sentry smart alerts!!

It also has left this each time it was a false.

Sentry: Alert cancelled
The Alert cancelled message should correspond to motion that was created by BI that did not have humans in it. For example, lighting changes often trigger an alert which would be cancelled by Sentry smart alerts.

The "Thanks for using Sentry..." are benign marketing messages to greet new customers.

-- Sam from Sentry

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That level of control is not in the product. We integrated Sentry alerts into SMS and Email alerts, i.e. when a clip is identified as a new event with human detection, i.e. "sentry logo" in clip, we send email and SMS alerts. Otherwise alerts are suppressed.

We will use the same logic on push notifications.

-- Sam from Sentry
I don't know if this is on your end or Ken's but I'm not sure the purpose of Sentry telling me how to receive my alerts. Emails, text, and many more alert options are already part of Blueiris. I can choose which one goes to which users and more based on which camera what time it is and more. If blueiris is already getting notified of the True or False report back from sentry then Blueiris should allow us to choose our alert in the blueiris alerts tab.

I would like to remove all alerts coming directly from Sentry and instead have a "Triggered by Sentry" check box in the alerts tab of Blueiris.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I don't know if this is on your end or Ken's but I'm not sure the purpose of Sentry telling me how to receive my alerts. Emails, text, and many more alert options are already part of Blueiris. I can choose which one goes to which users and more based on which camera what time it is and more. If blueiris is already getting notified of the True or False report back from sentry then Blueiris should allow us to choose our alert in the blueiris alerts tab.

I would like to remove all alerts coming directly from Sentry and instead have a "Triggered by Sentry" check box in the alerts tab of Blueiris.
I may have misunderstood the original question.

• Alerts are and will only come from Blue Iris. No alerts will come from Sentry.
  • The per camera alerts tab and triggers tab remain and behave as they have in the past.
When the user activates Sentry smart alerts for a camera the following changes occur (in regards to alerts):
  • SMS Alert: If sentry smart alerts is active for a particular camera, Blue Iris takes advantage of the Sentry response (True/False) and will only send the SMS alert if Sentry says True.
  • Email Alert: Similarly, if sentry smart alerts is active for a particular camera, Blue Iris takes advantage of the Sentry response (True/False) and will only send the email alert if Sentry says True.
So, what I meant by "level of control..." is if Sentry smart alerts are activated and the user prefers to continue to receive alerts based on Blue Iris motion detection functionality, that is not possible for SMS and Email alerts. We are making the assumption the reason users selected Sentry smart alerts is because they want to reduce their number of false alerts by leveraging Sentry smart alerts.

Moving forward, we are considering integrating all the alert channels, e.g. push notifications, to Sentry smart alerts. If the user activated Sentry smart alerts for a camera and that camera had a push notification, the integration will only send a push notification based on the Sentry response (True/False).

-- Sam from Sentry

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, what I meant by "level of control..." is if Sentry smart alerts are activated and the user prefers to continue to receive alerts based on Blue Iris motion detection functionality, that is not possible for SMS and Email alerts. We are making the assumption the reason users selected Sentry smart alerts is because they want to reduce their number of false alerts by leveraging Sentry smart alerts.

Moving forward, we are considering integrating all the alert channels, e.g. push notifications, to Sentry smart alerts. If the user activated Sentry smart alerts for a camera and that camera had a push notification, the integration will only send a push notification based on the Sentry response (True/False).

-- Sam from Sentry
Thanks for the information.

This needs to be all made more clear or have the option to be user definable in the Alerts section of BI.

Currently I use the "Run a Program or Script" and the "Post to a Web Address" alert the most in Blueiris. So I have now learned that I am bypassing Sentry since only two of the alerts (email and text) work. They are not labeled as such in BI. I would also like to see BI have the option in the alerts tab to use Motion A, DIO, Audio, External, "Sentry". All those options sound like they get thrown out the window for SMS and Email if you check the Sentry in Triggers. A normal user will not figure that out without some instructions or labels. I also don't believe the alert options should be set in the trigger section. Even if Sentry is checked in the trigger I believe that what fires the alert should not be automatically overridden. Sentry should be a check box in the alert tab.

Is there an ETA to get the rest of Alerts working based off Sentry? At this current time Since I don't want to receive text It diffidently cripples what I have going.

As Stated in the Email. Not being able to pick up Cars, Motorcycles, Bikes or other types of vehicles pulling up also cripples it's usability (for any camera pointed at a driveway, pathway, street).

Thanks,
JIM

Reactions: bqz

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

This needs to be all made more clear or have the option to be user definable in the Alerts section of BI.

Currently I use the "Run a Program or Script" and the "Post to a Web Address" alert the most in Blueiris. So I have now learned that I am bypassing Sentry since only two of the alerts (email and text) work. They are not labeled as such in BI. I would also like to see BI have the option in the alerts tab to use Motion A, DIO, Audio, External, "Sentry". All those options sound like they get thrown out the window for SMS and Email if you check the Sentry in Triggers. A normal user will not figure that out without some instructions or labels. I also don't believe the alert options should be set in the trigger section. Even if Sentry is checked in the trigger I believe that what fires the alert should not be automatically overridden. Sentry should be a check box in the alert tab.

Is there an ETA to get the rest of Alerts working based off Sentry? At this current time Since I don't want to receive text It diffidently cripples what I have going.

As Stated in the Email. Not being able to pick up Cars, Motorcycles, Bikes or other types of vehicles pulling up also cripples it's usability (for any camera pointed at a driveway, pathway, street).

Thanks,
JIM
Agreed. We will be adding documentation to the product and tweaking the UI so hopefully, you will never need to read the documentation. :)

The feedback is great. We will work with BI to deliver better separation between alerts and triggers.

Cars, motorcycles, and bikes are in the roadmap. No dates yet on next release. Hope to get some stuff into the BI 5.0 release but no promises.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
What is:

Sentry: Occupied
&
Sentry: Box

The Sentry logo marks a clip where human activity was first detected. If Sentry determines the alert is a continuation of a previous alert, you will see an "occupied" logo (a person) appear instead. For example, if the kids are playing in the front lawn, Sentry will mark the first alert with the Sentry logo. However, Sentry may identify subsequent motion alerts from BI as a continuation of the first alert (where kids were playing) and therefore mark this activity with the red human icon. Sentry: Occupied identifies that event/alert in the logs.

Need to research Sentry:Box. Never seen that in the logs.

-- Sam from Sentry

Reaction score
I would ike to see that mqtt-messages are integrated with sentry and have information in it, like at the moment from blue iris the zones in which motion is detected are in the message (e.g. Motion_ABF) and when this message can have information from sentry like human, car, wife, secret lover,... ;-) it would be great, because this way it is easy to filter the messages and generate own notifications through a service like node-red, openhab, you name it.
I know this isn't something for next week but I like to see it on the roadmap.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Example of Box from the log.

0 3/15/2019 1:41:48 PM FDA Sentry: Box: 180 353 438 506

0 3/15/2019 1:41:50 PM FDA SMS: 559XXXXXXX@mypixmessages.com with 1 attachment/s

The Sentry Box log message corresponds to the clip list with the Sentry logo, i.e. a person was identified in what we consider a "new event". The numbers correspond to the pixel coordinates of the human in the region (where the red bounding box is drawn on the image).

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I would ike to see that mqtt-messages are integrated with sentry and have information in it, like at the moment from blue iris the zones in which motion is detected are in the message (e.g. Motion_ABF) and when this message can have information from sentry like human, car, wife, secret lover,... ;-) it would be great, because this way it is easy to filter the messages and generate own notifications through a service like node-red, openhab, you name it.
I know this isn't something for next week but I like to see it on the roadmap.
One of the future, future releases will be able to identify people by label, e.g. "wife" with voluntary customer feedback to help our AI learn. We are thinking along the same page in regards to functionality. Besides the functionality, we also need to consider privacy concerns and comfort level of customers before rolling this feature out.

Love the feedback and keep it coming to help us confirm customer needs. Be assured we are thinking of similar functionality from all angles... to deliver cool features that maintains the trust of the customer.

-- Sam from Sentry

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may have misunderstood the original question.

• Alerts are and will only come from Blue Iris. No alerts will come from Sentry.
  • The per camera alerts tab and triggers tab remain and behave as they have in the past.
When the user activates Sentry smart alerts for a camera the following changes occur (in regards to alerts):
  • SMS Alert: If sentry smart alerts is active for a particular camera, Blue Iris takes advantage of the Sentry response (True/False) and will only send the SMS alert if Sentry says True.
  • Email Alert: Similarly, if sentry smart alerts is active for a particular camera, Blue Iris takes advantage of the Sentry response (True/False) and will only send the email alert if Sentry says True.

-- Sam from Sentry
Sam, have the push notifications from BI been integrated into Sentry now? I’ve noticed that I am now only getting push alerts when Sentry tags the event as a person; all other alerts are being suppressed by Sentry, which is what I wanted. I know that this feature was on the future roadmap, but I was wondering if it had been integrated early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Sam, have the push notifications from BI been integrated into Sentry now? I’ve noticed that I am now only getting push alerts when Sentry tags the event as a person; all other alerts are being suppressed by Sentry, which is what I wanted. I know that this feature was on the future roadmap, but I was wondering if it had been integrated early?

Not yet. Push notifications should be working like before.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not yet. Push notifications should be working like before.
That’s odd because all day today I’ve only received push alerts that were all correct, no false positives, and when I looked at the logs in BI I see push alerts that have been canceled by Sentry. It seems to be working well, that’s why I asked if it had been integrated since yesterday.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
That’s odd because all day today I’ve only received push alerts that were all correct, no false positives, and when I looked at the logs in BI I see push alerts that have been canceled by Sentry. It seems to be working well, that’s why I asked if it had been integrated since yesterday.

I have an email out to BI. I was under the impression we only affected SMS and email alerts. Will keep you posted.

Glad to hear as an unintended consequence, push alerts are working as you want. :)

-- Sam from Sentry

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an email out to BI. I was under the impression we only affected SMS and email alerts. Will keep you posted.

Glad to hear as an unintended consequence, push alerts are working as you want. :)

-- Sam from Sentry
What is the update on this?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BI states all alerts for a camera will be sent or suppressed by Sentry AI when Sentry is activated for the camera. If re-triggers are checked, then BI will continue to send BI alerts.

-- Sam from Sentry
Good info but doesn't answer the question about push notifications.

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Sentry logo marks a clip where human activity was first detected. If Sentry determines the alert is a continuation of a previous alert, you will see an "occupied" logo (a person) appear instead. For example, if the kids are playing in the front lawn, Sentry will mark the first alert with the Sentry logo. However, Sentry may identify subsequent motion alerts from BI as a continuation of the first alert (where kids were playing) and therefore mark this activity with the red human icon. Sentry: Occupied identifies that event/alert in the logs.

Need to research Sentry:Box. Never seen that in the logs.

-- Sam from Sentry
Hi @varghesesa sorry to jump on an old thread but I thought I would try this before emailing support as I have had to delayed responses from support.

I am getting lots of Occupied messages on one of my cameras. It doesn’t make sense because one I first noticed it it was me who was in front of the camera and I triggered it for the first time in a while. Then I triggered it again later and I still got the occupied message. What other reasons can trigger this message?

As for sentry knowing that it is the continuation of the previous activity, how does it know? Does it store face information to decide that the sale humans are there therefore no need to alert again?

thanks in advance