Error

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Hi @varghesesa sorry to jump on an old thread but I thought I would try this before emailing support as I have had to delayed responses from support.

I am getting lots of Occupied messages on one of my cameras. It doesn’t make sense because one I first noticed it it was me who was in front of the camera and I triggered it for the first time in a while. Then I triggered it again later and I still got the occupied message. What other reasons can trigger this message?

As for sentry knowing that it is the continuation of the previous activity, how does it know? Does it store face information to decide that the sale humans are there therefore no need to alert again?

thanks in advance
If you open a ticket and share your sentry id, we can investigate in more detail. As far as "how we do something", unfortunately we do not share those proprietary detail. Basically we use all the data at our disposal to make intelligent decisions.

-- Sam from Sentry

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you open a ticket and share your sentry id, we can investigate in more detail. As far as "how we do something", unfortunately we do not share those proprietary detail. Basically we use all the data at our disposal to make intelligent decisions.

-- Sam from Sentry
I will do, looks like my email to case replies aren’t making it to your system. Maybe they are being flagged as spam somewhere?

are you able to help me get to the bottom of this please? As in why my email to case isn’t working?

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I will do, looks like my email to case replies aren’t making it to your system. Maybe they are being flagged as spam somewhere?

are you able to help me get to the bottom of this please? As in why my email to case isn’t working?
Can you send an email to support@smarthomesentry.com stating "Per conversation in ipcamtalk, Sam asked me to open a ticket to investigate why my email to case is not working. My open tickets are #xxxx, etc."

Once I know who you are, I can start investigating your open tickets.

-- Sam from Sentry

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you send an email to support@smarthomesentry.com stating "Per conversation in ipcamtalk, Sam asked me to open a ticket to investigate why my email to case is not working. My open tickets are #xxxx, etc."

Once I know who you are, I can start investigating your open tickets.

-- Sam from Sentry
Hi Sam,

I haven’t received any replies, I reported an issue last week and I fact I have done so many times from different source email addresses and I never get a response or a bounce.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Hi Sam,

I haven’t received any replies, I reported an issue last week and I fact I have done so many times from different source email addresses and I never get a response or a bounce.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Apologies. I will reach out to support and resolve the issue.

— Sam from Sentry

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Apologies. I will reach out to support and resolve the issue.

— Sam from Sentry
Still not getting any replies, got you reply, I have replied several times and no response. I need to know what "occupied" means when BI talks to sentry. You didn't address it in your reply.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Still not getting any replies, got you reply, I have replied several times and no response. I need to know what "occupied" means when BI talks to sentry. You didn't address it in your reply.
Sorry. I will take a look at the ticket today. Support tickets are handled by another team.

-- Sam from Sentry

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry. I will take a look at the ticket today. Support tickets are handled by another team.

-- Sam from Sentry
Do you know why they never reply to me?

I must say that I am quite worried about this since I have had zero success with support. Sometimes it feels like you are the only person there.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Do you know why they never reply to me?

I must say that I am quite worried about this since I have had zero success with support. Sometimes it feels like you are the only person there.

LOL! It's not just me here. However, we are in the process of improving the Customer Success department.

-- Sam from Sentry