Ethernet Splitter to see cameras on network ? ?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My nvr is connected to my switch as well and I can connect to my cameras that are connected to the nvr. I just need to change my IP address of my machine to see them as they are on a different subnet
What machine are you charging the ip to see them? Can you post screen captures?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The TP-Link products are pretty adequate, the 15.4W of power provided was enough to power one my mini-bullets (of course with nothing additionally attached). Higher watt capacity may be good to declutter the surrounding wiring or if two cameras need to be powered (where extra outlets are not present). I wouldn't mind a separate power supply for an IR emitter and / or external mic.

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What machine are you charging the ip to see them? Can you post screen captures?
I'll try tomorrow. I can access via my Surface Pro 3 or iMac. With both it's fairly easy as I configure the Ethernet port to connect to the required subnet and my wireless to my main network so I can access both at the same time. The PoE port on the nvr is connected to my switch.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try tomorrow. I can access via my Surface Pro 3 or iMac. With both it's fairly easy as I configure the Ethernet port to connect to the required subnet and my wireless to my main network so I can access both at the same time. The PoE port on the nvr is connected to my switch.
That would be great if you can. I have a Mac Pro Tower so I am interested in the Mac set up.

Thanks

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My wireless is set to DHCP and ether as follows:
ethernet.png nvr.png

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Plug laptop Ethernet into NVR, pull address from NVR, access cameras, access Internet over WiFi, done.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If NVR won't give you an address, statically configure one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk