ever do a Blue Iris search and turn up random cameras with real people in them?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So what is the Law on Indoor Cameras, I was told you have to get permission to record anyone in your house, of course thief's are excluded, for now, bet that law changes one day since the push is to protect the criminals and not the victims now a days.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
So what is the Law on Indoor Cameras, I was told you have to get permission to record anyone in your house, of course thief's are excluded, for now, bet that law changes one day since the push is to protect the criminals and not the victims now a days.
I would gather that depends upon where you live and varies place to place. I monitor almost every interior space / zone of my home except for some private areas like bathroom, daughters bedroom.

Everything in the common areas is monitored. A small portion of the cameras are used to protect the home and family against fire, electrical faults, and out of band operations of the appliances.

More specifically thermal cameras are used to monitor all of the network infrastructure. The same is used to monitor the furnace, hot water tank, and dryer.

More recently thanks to members here a new one is getting set up to monitor the sump pump (pit). Right now I’m waiting for a new radon gas monitor before I install the camera. I don’t want to find out the radon levels are super high and be sticking my phat head into the hole and getting sick!

Other cameras are installed inside of the homes HVAC returns while others are in the attic space. I have four dedicated security cameras that are tasked to monitor the sky for snow, rain, and lightning.

I’ve been trying my hand on time lapse of snow fall and lightning events. My goal at some point is to publish the same online.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That comment may be related to audio. It's very location dependent. Don't take legal advice from uncle Jim's, half brothers niece. Consulate an attorney.

Last edited: