Example: How Drones have changed trench warfare .. ( drone )

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
There are 2 videos, if not removed, where small mortars have been dropped from drones and landed straight onto the back of the neck of a soldier lying down hiding. The result has been the soldiers helmet has been blown off and landed a couple of feet away but the soldier has completely disappeared....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Drone as a spotter for a recoilless rifle ..

1673907364498.png

1673907339617.png

1673907300843.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
When you've seen enough of these, you realsie the limitations though. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a greande dropped and soldiers only 10 feet away have been completely unharmed.

To my mind the future is a stealth drone along the line of the Next Generation Air Dominance Fighter but with either an open bomb bay shielded from radar from the side or an openign bombay containing 80 mortar rounds hung vertically. I reckon this would take care of the near miss issue as the blast radius would be much larger and I reckon such a drone could have maybe as many as 10 on board if hung vertically. The ultimate would be to have them steerable or laser guided where the drone paints the target and the bomblet (mortar) then adjusts it's way in free fall to the target.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you've seen enough of these, you realsie the limitations though. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a greande dropped and soldiers only 10 feet away have been completely unharmed.

To my mind the future is a stealth drone along the line of the Next Generation Air Dominance Fighter but with either an open bomb bay shielded from radar from the side or an openign bombay containing 80 mortar rounds hung vertically. I reckon this would take care of the near miss issue as the blast radius would be much larger and I reckon such a drone could have maybe as many as 10 on board if hung vertically. The ultimate would be to have them steerable or laser guided where the drone paints the target and the bomblet (mortar) then adjusts it's way in free fall to the target.
I wonder if it is possible to build a low radar signature Zeppelin drone ..

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Night time drone footage using thermal imaging.