Examples of your Clips and Archiving config

tec508

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Whats a typical configuration look like? I had some clips go mysteriously missing recently and I'm wonder if I had something out of order. I also just added a bigger drive to the machine so that prompted me to take a closer look at my configuration.

My machine has a 1tb system drive, this is where my DB and "New" folder lives and then a 4tb drive where the "Stored" folder lives.

I have 8 cams, 3 are continuous + trigger, 5 are only on trigger for recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Whats a typical configuration look like? I had some clips go mysteriously missing recently and I'm wonder if I had something out of order. I also just added a bigger drive to the machine so that prompted me to take a closer look at my configuration.

My machine has a 1tb system drive, this is where my DB and "New" folder lives and then a 4tb drive where the "Stored" folder lives.

I have 8 cams, 3 are continuous + trigger, 5 are only on trigger for recording.
triggered + continuous is likely your problem..it does not do what you thing it does...see help file..use continuous, triggers and alerts will work
clips dont go missing..they are overwritten...you can have 100TB of storage but if you dont configure blue iris to use it, it wont...post your settings.

tec508

n3wb
Reaction score
Screen shots of my config. I've since turned off trig + cont. I turned that on when I first set up BI thinking it was like my old DVR. In order to get motion alerts but also record continuously you had to enable a function named similarly. I did that brainlessly thinking "I need alerts but also want to have full time recording".

clipsarchiving-new.png clipsarchiving-stored.png clipsarchiving-alerts.png frontdoor-record.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Screen shots of my config. I've since turned off trig + cont. I turned that on when I first set up BI thinking it was like my old DVR. In order to get motion alerts but also record continuously you had to enable a function named similarly. I did that brainlessly thinking "I need alerts but also want to have full time recording".

View attachment 26794 View attachment 26795 View attachment 26796 View attachment 26797
record everything directly to your storage drive...simply point your new folder to the storage drive and copy the settings you have from your storage folder...then select delete in the new folder...no point in all this movement...

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use either continuous or triggered... "Continuous + triggered" is only problems if you do not set it up correctly.... If you want a "Continuous" and "triggered" setting then clone the camera.