Expand Avigilon Licenses or move to Hikvision

knighty

n3wb
Reaction score
$150us or about £115gbp per camera.... I'm running 30 cameras so that adds up quick, I just can;t justify the cost :-(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
$150us or about £115gbp per camera.... I'm running 30 cameras so that adds up quick, I just can;t justify the cost :-(
nx should cost 70 per camera with free lifetime upgrades. Alternatively you can simply buy dw ipvms, which is rebranded nx for 70 per camera via B&H photo.

knighty

n3wb
Reaction score
that still adds up pretty quickly... I'd really like to add more cameras but that would make it too expensive

really liked the look of Milestone XProtect.... but the free version is limited to 8 cameras, after that it's £500 program license then £140 per camera :-(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that still adds up pretty quickly... I'd really like to add more cameras but that would make it too expensive

really liked the look of Milestone XProtect.... but the free version is limited to 8 cameras, after that it's £500 program license then £140 per camera :-(
What are the camera resolutions.

knighty

n3wb
Reaction score
4mp and 6mp

I don;t do any kind of video processing or motion detection... just dump footage to disk 24/7

knighty

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried blue iris but didn't like the playback much... it was pretty slow

when I go check footage I like to scan through it quickly... Avigilon was awesome at that... simple slider to use, nice easy control

I thought.... I don't want/need any of the hundreds of other functions most other VMS programs offer... so there should be a super simple cheap solution out there for me... but I'm coming up blank

I set the cameras to dump straight to the server via FTP.... but then I couldn't find a decent/easy/smooth playback option to playback multiple cameras at once :-(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried blue iris but didn't like the playback much... it was pretty slow

when I go check footage I like to scan through it quickly... Avigilon was awesome at that... simple slider to use, nice easy control

I thought.... I don't want/need any of the hundreds of other functions most other VMS programs offer... so there should be a super simple cheap solution out there for me... but I'm coming up blank

I set the cameras to dump straight to the server via FTP.... but then I couldn't find a decent/easy/smooth playback option to playback multiple cameras at once :-(
blue iris playback is much faster than the others you mention. In fact, it goes to 256x. That was user error. You must properly setup blue iris.
Not only that you can quickly grab the timeline and go faster than 256x.
There is no super simply solution because very few people would be interested in something like this.
If 2100 for nx is going to break you, then you might reconsider your need for 30 cameras.

knighty

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe blue iris has been updated since I tried it.... can you click a slider and drag it around to manually scan through the recordings?

that's what I like doing.... can scan through really fast when not much is happening, then go really slow when a customers is being served / the till is opening / something is going on

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe blue iris has been updated since I tried it.... can you click a slider and drag it around to manually scan through the recordings?

that's what I like doing.... can scan through really fast when not much is happening, then go really slow when a customers is being served / the till is opening / something is going on
It has been this way for 5 years since v4.